I've decided to let the world know how lucky I am to have a friend like Peggy. Many of the people in my life know about her just by me talking about her. That is because she is a fun, sensitive, understanding, excited, interested and interesting, honest and thoughtful friend. We started being friends through work. Shortly after she applied at the hospital I work at, we ended up at a mutual friends wedding. Maybe we had one too many drinks, but our husbands hit it off and the 4 of us went to the bar in the hotel and then all shared a hotel room so that nobody was unsafe driving home. That was the beginning. We then both got married and shared in so many wedding stories, planning anxieties and adventures. Following that, she became a mom and was so open in sharing the whole process with me. She hasreallyhelped me with becoming a mom and even offered to have my baby shower at her house! She has let me wear all her maternity clothes and use many, many useful baby items now that Eli is here as well as be there for advice and to tell me how it was for her. Besides that-she has continued to shower eli with gifts-every time I see her she has something new for him. I can see how much Eli means to her and how important it is for me to be a big part of Lily's life too. Peggy loves to talk (she'll admit it) but oh can she listen! She always remembers to ask about all the things that I have complained about or talked about and she can really read into my mood as well-knowing just when I'm not telling all the details or have more to say. We are very similar in our intuition, insecurities and ideas for life. I love to share laughs with her, clothes, chats, ideas, thoughts, fears, ice cream, popcorn, pretzel bites (ha), vacations, games and motherhood with her. Peggy is a total go-getter, she usually knows what she wants and will do all the right things to get it. She motivates me to be that way and is always there to keep me in check.
Today I was having a rough day. I had to take Eli to the doctor for a rash and other issues and then I, myself had to go to the doctor. She called a few times, hinting that we could get together or was just checking to hear how the appointments were going. Each time she called I had my hands full and couldn't talk at the moment. But I did text her and tell her my worries and man could she sense that I was having an awful day. When I got home....this was on the counter for me.


Peggy snuck in our house while I was gone and left me some treats and a card. I of course started crying (and Eli too, but for other reasons). The card said (among other things that a good friend writes when you are having a bad day):
1. Surf buds bowl: For ice cream
2. B-ball book: to read to sumo
3. Cosmic Lipsmackers: To feel pretty
4. Diet Coke: to RELAX
5. Gummy bears: For fun
So special. I am already drinking that diet coke and when Eli wakes up, we will read his new book. Ice cream tonight...she hit the spot! Thanks Peggy-for being so thoughtful and just being you!
3 comments:
you're silly! you didn't have to do this--i was just helping a friend. that's what friends do!! :)
ps--the bowl is dual-purpose...someday Eli will request his cereal in that bowl!!!
You are lucky to have such a good friend, who lives close enough to drop by like that when you need it! Treasure each other! You will have each other for life! And your little ones will sense your importance in each other's lives and build their friendship from that! Glad your day is hopefully turning around! Becoming a mom has it's good days and overwhelming days. The best part - tomorrow is a fresh start! Enjoy your ice cream tonight Raina!
Post a Comment