Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Update (From Eli)

Hi World!
Today was my 2 month doctor appointment! I'm actually going to be 10 weeks tomorrow but today was my first round of shots! I did so well. Right before the nurses came in to do them the doctor leaned over and told me all about them and what to expect. I love that he gave me that personal attention and talked to me, the patient instead of just to my parents! He also said that I have really good head control and everything is looking just fine. Daddy was very helpful during the shots but mom sat in the corner and put her face in my blanket. (Whatever mom! Rolling my eyes). The nurses did the shots quick and I only gave out a little scream. Then they gave me 2 blue band aids, one for each leg and I love those!
When mom got home she put my Milwaukee Brewer's jammies on and I took a nap in my crib! I was very content today and not fussy. I thought that might impress mom.
When Dad came home from work today he put me in the bumbo chair. Here is a picture. I'm still pretty small for it, but it fits me really well right now because it gives me some neck/head support. Here are the rest of the stats the doctor gave me.
Height: 22 1/2 inches (18 1/2 inches at birth) I am in the 25th percentile!
Weight: 9 lbs 6.5 oz (5 lbs 4 oz at birth) I am in the 5th percentile!
Head Circumference: Not sure on actual amount, but I am in the 5-10th percentile!
Mom seemed worried about my weight, being in the 5th %, you know...being a dietitian and all. My dad said "He's only 2 months old!" but it was explained to him that it's not a comparison of age, but tells us that if I were in a room with 100 babies, there would only be 5 smaller. The doctor had to reassure my mom that since I was small at birth it seems right to him. He graphed out my weights and it makes a nice curve meaning I have been gaining a good amount of weight each time. I have gained over 4 lbs since birth and I eat realllllly good! I may hit a growth spurt in the next year at some point and catch up. But mom is happy I get to continue to wear my newborn outfits a few more times. Dad was not concerned, he's so laid back!
Here is a picture to compare me now with me when I was born. Well that's pretty much all for now, I'll write again in 2 more months after my next appointment! Love, Elijah

5 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Wow! LOVE the comparison pictures! Isn't it amazing how they change. The first year is so amazing. What a brave boy! Love that daddy is laid back to help mama relax! Can't wait to see you again little Eli!

Jessica said...

Good job Eli! You almost doubled in size since you were born, very impressive. Make sure you let Mommy know that, 5%ile or not that is ALOT of growing for a little boy. Thanks for being such a good baby to keep that Mommy of yours somewhat relaxed:)

Ross Family said...

Wow, he has really grown I think from the pictures, you can see it in his face! He is so cute! Everytime I see a picture of him I see either more of you or andy! I think he is just perfect, him being small right now is what makes him extra special and lovable!

Anonymous said...

What a good little boy you were at the doctor's office. Your parents are very concerned and loving - you will be well cared for always - until you fly the coop that is! You are such a world traveler already too - see you next Wednesday night when I'm lucky and get to come babysit and hug you! Love, Grandma Barb

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

elijah,
i'm a little surprised that you didn't say anything about your FUN playdate with your girlfriend Lily and buddy Simon! you are getting to be such a big and strong kiddo! love you tons!
peggy