Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Elijah's Great Grandpas

Elijah has now met both of his Great Grandpas.
Neither one had an easy time remembering his name but both smiled and loved him up.
Both were pros holding him-not disturbing his sleep nor did they have to deal with any crying. Hopefully both have passed on some sort of wisdom to Eli from the life they led as they are both great men.
Sometimes I hold Eli on my lap and talk to him and watch his faces he makes. I'm always looking for a "look" that may be specifically like Andy or myself. And by golly (just what he would say too) I saw Grandpa Schneider (Schnoksie) in him last night. It put a big smile on my face!!!!

Elijah's middle name is in honor of his grandma Roeder-Casey is Andy's mom's maiden name. I have never heard Andy call his grandpa anything other then "grandpa", but to me, he is Grandpa Casey. He teared up when he got to hold Eli and fell in love with his soft blanket. Grandpa Casey made sure that everyone who held Eli had the soft blanket under him. I'm thinking of buying him one for Christmas to give him from Eli.

1 comment:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

tears in my eyes seeing those moments! Thanks for sharing. I see Grandpa in my boys too! Maybe because they say infant boys look like their future grandpa selves.