Tonight Daddy and I are taking the next step with you. We are moving you out of your bassinet and into your crib. You are moving to you're next big boy bed! You've already had so many sleeping "spots" while you were in the hospital-moving from a bed warmer, to a wooden bassinet to the white crib on the 7th floor. Tonight though, you will move from mommy and daddy's room to your nursery. I have been trying to move you over there for the last couple of nights, but it makes me very sad and emotional. I know it's a good thing for both of us, and hopefully we will both sleep soundly tonight! But I can't help wonder what you will do all night-look around at you're new surroundings, love it, hate it or just sleep through the excitement?
Just because we move you to your room does not mean we love you any less. I have to document that to make ME feel better because when I try to tell you tonight, you won't understand. So just for the record, I love you SO much and hope you learn to love you're new bed!

So, this morning Daddy moved our special "eating" chair to your nursery and set up a little lamp and table for your burp cloth. It's all set and there is no turning back. I think this will make changing your diaper, burping and swaddling you an easier task and you will put yourself back to sleep easily. I will of course get up many times (probably too many) to check on you. AND I'll be listening to every single noise on the monitor (but not toooo closely, a mom has to give her son some privacy right?). So far the monitor has worked really well to pick up all your noises, so I have faith that it will wake me up tonight to come feed you whenever you are hungry. Daddy will be listening too. Oh and of course, Bailee, and you know how well her ears work!
Godspeed little man, sweet dreams.....I love you.
Love,
mom
mom
4 comments:
i hope there's a post on here tomorrow about how it all goes!! good luck and HANG in there!!
I agree! Where is the update post? How did it go for mommy and for Eli? It might take a few days for him to get used to the bigger space. You could have him nap in there first. Just an idea. I think we did that first. Hang in there mama! The journey is amazing!
I just read him 5 books on my lap. HA. he fell asleep~he woke up with the transfer but now he is just hanging out in the crib. FUNNY to me. a BIG step. Raina
And what did Bailee do all night long? Does she get up when you do? Take a picture of the burrito in his big cozy bed. You two are great parents already! Love, Grandma Barb
Post a Comment