Saturday, August 22, 2009

3 Years


Andy and I were in Tennessee with his family for our 3 year anniversary. We decided to celebrate tonight instead. We bought some steaks (more expensive than we would usually) and grilled out. We also made red potatoes, zucchini and mushrooms and a little later we will do chocolate fondue where we will dip bananas, strawberries, white cake, pineapple, cantaloupe, marshmallows and graham crackers.
We toasted a glass of wine for dinner. I asked what his mountain and valley were (highs and lows) for our 3rd year of marriage. He looked at me and very seriously said "Him" and pointed at Elijah. That is because he is such a joy-so exciting and so lovable-but he gave us such a stressful time when he arrived-like we had to earn him (and a blog to come on this-hard for me to write about, but I mean to).
When I asked him what he hopes for in our 4th year of marriage (I prayed he would not say a 2nd child-too soon! Ha), he said: "health for everyone" and I almost cried. What a serious and mature answer.
Andy turned itunes on and a mix is playing. Right now it is "True Companion" by Marc Cohen. The perfect song for us. I truly believe Andy is the best thing that has happened to me. Even better than Eli because without Andy he would not exist. Andy keeps me calm when I am at my most anxious. He makes me laugh, makes me think, makes me talk and makes me slow down in life. He is simple where I am complicated and has grown up SO much since we met. He is mature now, a family man who I respect, cherish and want to grow old with. I can be myself with him-sing out of tune, dance without being able to touch my toes, bounce ideas off of him, verbalize my disappointments in myself and show my insecurities. I hope I am half as much to him as he is to me. I can tell my family and friends love him-and that just makes me so proud. I still remember moments from our wedding, which I believe was one of the best weddings ever...not only because we all celebrated all night-but because we did make vows that I will not struggle to keep.
LOVE YOU A LOT AND ALL THE TIME "ANNIE".
Here are my favorite pictures of our 3rd year of marriage!The Choo ChooThe pool in TNUncle Matt and Cousin ElliotRustin's wedding in DenverUp northA brewer game totally pregnantThe Badger hockey game with good friendsThe crib!The beautiful tree in front of our house.My belly and meAndy's bday celebration

2 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Congratulations you two! You live life wonderfully together! Such compliments to each other. I too remember many moments from your wedding night! Keep up the good work! I love the mountain valley thing...I've done that before but forgot about that way of sharing. Cheers!

jessica said...

You and your sister have such a gift with words. This blog, like so many of your other ones, brought me to tears. You are both amazing people - fun, loving, friendly and warm. Happy belated Anniversary and many more to come.