Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm a mom!

How can I tell I'm a mom?
From this picture....


I went on a "playdate" about 1 1/2 weeks ago with 2 other experienced mom's. Elijah was the youngest and probably the quietest during the encounter. We met at the mall and all 3 kiddos let us mom's eat our lunch. Then we walked and talked. I felt like I was in a movie or a book-walking beside other mom's and chatting about motherhood in a mall (when so many other mom's were working). What EVER did we talk about before we became mom's? Seems impossible that there was any other topic worthy of even getting together for besides "motherhood".

During lunch, one child was so busy getting into my diaper bag looking for a toy or a treat (or whatever she could find) while the other slid (accidentally) out (almost) of the stroller. It made me laugh and smile to see other mom's in action, compare stories and watch the little ones interact.

2 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

You ARE a mom! congratulations Raina Bird!

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

love the pics, love the blog!!! cute, cute!!