Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This made my day!

A few prerequisites to understanding the humor in this blog (tho after seeing the pictures, many of you may see it right away).

1. On Sunday I went for a walk with Eli and 2 of my girlfriends-both gals new to motherhood. We got to talking about changing diapers and they couldn't believe that Eli had not, in his 9 weeks of existence, pooped out of his diaper yet. He has had explosive poops while we change his diaper, but never all the way up his back at random times.

2. A lot of my friends are super generous and have given Andy and I the extra diapers they have in the size that their child grew out of. We have used the same brand of diaper ever since we brought Eli home because that is what we had the most of. We appreciate EVERY single free diaper we got, and we will use them-no matter how they work. I won't mention any brands because I am not endorsing any specific type of diaper here on my blog. Last night I put Elijah in a gown for bed-super cuddly. Then we put him in his green swaddle blanket. After feeding him early this am, I changed his diaper and showed Andy I was going to use this other type of diaper-a new brand. It didn't seem very tight, but it was a size 1 which is what he has been wearing. I think this just sets up the story below.

This morning Andy didn't have to leave for work until 10 am. At 8 I asked him if I could go lay down for a 1/2 hour. He had Eli in his swaddle on his lap. About 5 minutes after I laid down I heard Andy yell from the bottom of the stairs "Raina, can you look at something for me?". I had no clue what but of course agreed. When he came up, he turned Eli around so I was looking at the back of him, he was just in his gown at this point-no more swaddle blanket. This is what I saw. He must have pooped!!!! I asked Andy if it had just happened and touched it, it was dry! Who knows when it happened. The next thing I did was lift up his gown. This is what I saw! I don't know how long he was wearing the diaper like that but Andy and I laughed very hard. So I don't blame this on being a new parent (but I could and probably should) but instead on the new type of diaper! Ha ha ha! This made my day. Of course, we changed him into a new clean diaper and fastened it tighter! Eli has now "pooped out" as they say. Another 1st for the little guy.

2 comments:

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

ok...seriously laughing out loud!! we knew sooner or later it was bound to happen! hahaha
his little butt makes me laugh!

Sarah Wroblewski said...

ummmm..I am not choosing the new diaper as the cause..I am choosing the faulty diaper put-er on-er. HAHAHA! Glad it made your day!