Saturday, January 14, 2012

Today...Big steps

Today we were blessed with having a very sweet friend offer to come (with her cutie pie daughter) over and play with Eli in the basement so Andy and I could work on the baby room.  We took her RIGHT up on this offer. PRICELESS.  After they left, Andy and I looked at each other and both agreed that what we actually got done would have taken HOURS longer if Eli had been on our heels.  Thanks JG! We can't wait to repay you some day....It's the little things that friends do when you're 8+ months pregnant and just needing to do some of that nesting without your other special little guy requesting all of the attention.
We successfully moved the crib down to the baby room-it's all assembled with sheets and everything.  We also moved Eli's big boy bed upstairs.  We picked a comforter that is truck themed because ultimately, although it isn't the one I wanted for him to sleep under for years and years (I'm not a fan of the busyness of the colors, the material and how it doesn't match his fish theme in his room), I knew it would be what he would be most excited about.  And that was important.  And he was excited and had a successful 2 hour nap this afternoon.  Although he still wanted his old blankets on top of him.  Oh what a peanut in that big boy bed. 
I can't believe this time has come.  I just am not sure I am ready for this "big boy" to be such a big boy.  It's got it's perks, but it makes me want to cry. I know when this little baby bean comes out and is swaddled in that crib...Eli will look even BIGGER to me.  And it's funny, when I think back I don't remember sleeping in a crib or transitioning out of it into a big girl bed.  Weird that we can't remember our own big events.  I guess that is one reason that I love having a family.  I get to relive what I went through as a child-but on the other side.

Sorry for the blur

We went from this.....


To this.

4 comments:

Barb said...

wooo hooo and you are so right! Eli will look huge when you come home with your little peanut. He should sleep heavenly in this colorful bed. Thanks for sharing this special moment in life.

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

you did the right thing by going with something he will treasure..i'm sure it makes the whole event more exciting for him. can't wait to hear about how the first week and month goes, about how much he likes it, what he says about being a big boy, about how he takes every special visitor up to see it because he's so proud! go mama, go! now i wanna see a baby room shot! even if it's not done yet!
pw

Jessica said...

He looks so little in that crib. Can't wait to see picture of him sleeping in that big boy bed. You're really moving on to the next chapter now.

Lynne said...

how exciting! so glad you shared pics :)