Sunday, January 15, 2012

Random

Just feel like rambling...

Funny to me= I spilled quinoa all over the table.  It's so small and was really sprinkled all over the table.  Eli says "What happened mama?"  and I said "Mama made a mess" and he said "In your pants?"  Andy and I had a great chuckle.

The other night Andy got to go see this man up close and personal:
Brad Paisley with The Band Perry and Scott(y?) McCreery (not sure on spelling)
While I was putting Eli to bed-his last night in his crib he gave me a hard time.  The first time I had to go in I told him not to play games (I'm sure you can all relate: "I'm thirsty. My diaper needs to be changed" all that nonsense)  with me because Daddy wasn't home and would be sad to find out he didn't go to bed nicely.  5 minutes later I was in my room and Eli was yelling"I don't want to play games with you mama".  I was smiling to myself. Except that I counted...he yelled it 32 times.  Yes, 32.  The same line.  Finally I yelled back (from my room)  "OK GOODNIGHT ELI" and he yelled "ok" and then it was quiet.  It made me smile.  He was only quiet for 20 minutes but still....it was frustratingly cute.

I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow.

I got new slippers today.

Andy says I look bigger this pregnancy.  He tries to say it so nice. 

Eli is fighting a cold.  I know all his symptoms. I hope he fights it and I hope I don't catch it in these last few weeks of pregnancy.

We have another ultrasound this week.  Next week I will get checked to see if I'm dilated at all.   I've been having a lot of "practice" contractions.  I think I might have this lil bundle early.  But not too early.  I can't walk down the hallway at work without someone commenting on how far I've dropped. 

Bailee stares at Andy when he yells at the Packers.  I wonder what she is thinking.

Today I stocked up on "activities" for Eli to do when I'm home on maternity leave.  It was so fun to imagine that I will actually have patience to help him with that stuff, but it makes me feel better to just have it.

My niece, who I think of as a tiny baby, is turning 1 soon and getting baptised.  I will miss it because I can't travel that far right now.  I will be thinking of her in disbelief that she is no longer a baby but turning into a toddler.

Thinking about all my patients tonight that have been hospitalized recently, who got bad news, and those who just don't feel good.  It's nice to feel "needed" at work, but sometimes lousy that means that people are sick. 

Andy and I enjoyed a "babymoon" a few weekends ago.  Here's a few shots. 


We went on a fun winery tour and found out how people used to climb inside the barrels to clean it.  This guy was just a volunteer!

We stayed at an old bed and breakfast.  This picture makes the walls look weird....but the room was very small and quaint. It was quiet and peaceful. But it had Wifi and a small flat screen tv for a little bit of current. 

They had a wine and cheese hour at night.  We participated.  They even had gluten free crackers (and gluten free bread at the breakfast). I got Andy to play scrabble and he beat me!

I encourage all parents to go on a "babymoon" before the big day.

My favorite new activity is playing Words with Friends on Facebook.  I'm sure all my "readers" are already playing with me, but if not and you want to join-let me know!

Sleep is hard to come by.  I'm getting ready for the multiple wake up calls coming my way.  When I get up in the middle of the night I think of my other pregnant friends who may or may not be up at the same time. 

When I look down...right now there are SOOOO many toys out.  Who do you think will be cleaning THOSE up?

Have a great night, a fast Monday and a special week. 

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love bed and breakfasts. Your room looks so inviting and unique to me. Glad you had that special time together to relax and reconnect and just have sometime to take about baby bean.

Lynne said...

this was great. your b&b experience looked great! and i LOVE that you counted 32 times that Eli yelled that. hilarious! i'm sure not at the time, but now :) love your random thoughts!

Anonymous said...

My favorite "it was fun to imagine that i will actually have patience to help him with that stuff" hehe :)
T