Sunday, January 29, 2012

looming Monday

Yes...those Sunday blues. On Friday it seemed like Monday would be doable. Now not so much.
Is there an end or a limit to this physical uncomfortable feeling...mostly at nite? I shouldn't complain. I know I'm blessed to have this baby inside but I slept very poorly. I think I may even have pulled a muscle in my arm or shoulder from compensating with my turns from one side to the other. I was up at 4:30. And that was just for the day. I got up to pee only twice but to turn over half a dozen. So bring it on baby...I'm well seasoned. But I can't let it ruin my mood. Andy took Eli grocery shopping and I finally attacked our bedroom. It's finally clean enough that I can vaccum. I changed the sheets too...which is hard because our bed is so high my baby bump hits the mattress and makes it more difficult than I remember it being.

BUT! We had waffles for breakfast. We did FaceTime with grandma Barb. I'm attempting this post from my iPad...in my bed...with clean sheets. And I have a warm pup at my feet.

So yes we splurged on an iPad and we love it.
Im hoping to get Eli comfortable on it so he can do some educational activities (are you all rolling your eyes) while I nurse the baby. Im also working on using it as an e-reader. So. On this looming day...tell me
Do you have an iPhone?
Or an iPad? If so...what are your favorite apps? For you or your kiddos?
Do you use a different e-reader? Where do you find your books?
Could we share?
How much guilt should I feel if I rest before the boys come home?

And another thing I want to know...
How many of you think we wil be having another boy to add to "the boys" or will Bailee and I outnumber those 2 men of mine?

Interesting...I can't figure out how to use spellcheck on this...sorry!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have an iPhone and there are a lot of apps Simon likes. His favorite is "There's a Monster at the End of this Book." He also likes an ABC one from Starfall and Parents Magazine has some free ones where they can do flashcards and tracing. It's very useful when we are out and just need a minute of silence! We try not to let him use it too much at home, though. Maybe that will change soon?!

Lynne said...

no ipad or iphone here... still in the stoneage with just my regular ol boring cell phone and lap top lol and you should feel NO guilt for resting before the boys come home!!
i think you're going to have a little girl so that tylin and ada will have girl roeder on their soccer team when they are all playing on the olympic team together :) heheh ok, i have no idea, but i'm going girl!
miss you rainer! hang in there. baby roeder will be here before you know it. i remember the last few weeks with tylin and UGH i was SO ready for her to be out. so uncomvortable and sleepless at night. horible. and ya, just yuck. hang in there though, you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Kindle!! I have been able to read the entire Hunger Games series in the last week with it!!!!! coc