Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Interpretation

I've always loved reading.  In school I hated "social studies" but loved reading.  In college I took a class called "Best Sellers" and we literally read best selling novels.  I loved it.
I am a fast reader and enjoy many different genres.
BUT....
give me something that needs personal interpretation-and I struggle.  I never knew if I was really "getting" it if it wasn't clear.  Mostly I struggled with this when there were assignments where we had to read poetry or some famous literary short stories. 
I sometimes have the same issues with music.  I will love a song due to the sound of the singer, the beat or lack of.  I also will sometimes love the lyrics....if I can figure them out.  Many times I listen and read the lyrics and wonder what the artist is really trying to get across.  Does this happen to you?  What the heck do they mean? Is this a love song? A break up song? A song about death?  I hate wondering....
HELP.
Have you heard the song "Ghost" by Howie Day?  You can Google it. One of my all time favorites.
But I can't figure out some of the lyrics   ( http://www.metrolyrics.com/ghost-lyrics-howie-day.html

You make yourself a photograph and laugh at me

If you listen to the song or read the lyrics-help me interpret.

Today:  30 days to go
1. For Eli -I brought some toys up to his room (We moved it around a little bit with the big boy bed transition)
2. For Andy-After working a 10 hour day I just wanted to come home and put my feet up.  But he had defrosted chicken and was hoping for enchiladas for dinner. This is not an easy recipe...all the onion, green pepper, jalapeno chopping. Cooking the chicken.  filling the tortillas (2 different type-corn for me, flour for him) etc.  It turned out good and was delicious but I was on my feet longer than I wanted to be.
3. For the baby-finished the crib (sheets, ties from bumper (yes bumper) etc).  Also I moved out the bills and bill mini-file out of the room. 
4. For myself-I washed the (big) pans.  Sometimes when the dishwasher is full I'll leave some dishes in the sink. When I try to cook and prepare food the next night I get all grossed out by the dirty dishes and frustrated with the lack of sink space.  I'm glad I took the time to do this-to make tomorrow night easier.

3 comments:

Barb said...

And you blogged too---for yourself. So who is playing Words tonight? I am inspired by all that you are doing for everyone. I printed off daycare info tonite and put a copy in my purse and a copy in my small suitcase.

Unknown said...

30 days. Or 3 or 29 or 15! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl and what will complete this sentence for you, "My kids' names are Eli and ____." :)
T

Lynne said...

lol i like what theresa said! and i like that you said yes to the bumper- we have one in tylin's crib too. i'm working on listening to this song- i'll let you know what i figure out! HUGS RAINER!!