Monday, January 16, 2012

32 Days

32 days and counting. Yes...counting.  Getting more and more excited as the days move on.
Excited to see that bundle of joy. Boy or girl? Hair no hair? Name? eeeeeeee!
Excited to snuggle that bundle of joy.  Day and night.
Excited to see Eli become the big brother he will be.  To watch the joy and wonder and watch him love someone smaller than him to no end.
Excited for Andy to have this baby be reality.  Pending no issues in the delivery room-I think this baby might bring him to tears. 
Excited to see how Bailee reacts to her next sibling. 
Excited for our house to smell and sound and "be" Baby!

So yes....32 days.  I am vowing not to rush these days away. But since I am excited to be done with this pregnancy physically (I'm worn out and exhausted) I need reminders that in just a few short weeks I will once again feel 31 and not 82 years old.  During these next days and nights I want to feel good about the mother that I am and the mother that I will be.  I want to be proud of the wife that I am and I want to mentally be ready for this family to expand.  So each night...I vow to do something for the baby, something for our current Baby (eli) and something for Andy. Oh yeah-and a little something for me! 

Just like being loved, we all need something different.  Therefore doing the same thing for everyone will not work. 

Sometimes it might be simple-like just an extra hug or an I love you.  Other times it might be an extra book at night time or to offer to make Andy's favorite meal.  but something.  I will try to blog some of these things but I cannot guarantee that I will get on here every night.

Tonight I:
For the baby: Wrapped a gift from Eli to the baby.  (I do have 32 days worth of things to do in that baby room if I just do 1 thing a night-so there is no end to the supply of things I can do for this baby)
For Eli: Tonight we painted.  He loved it.  He was very dramatic about it.  Andy does not have the patience for it because I think he loses track of the appropriate level of "artistic" that Eli should be.  He was "blotting" the brushes and dipping his sleeve in and getting all the black water color in every other color slot.  I just let him do his thing with small reminders to be respectful of his art supplies. He got to  paint some Thomas the Train pictures and also got to paint 1 small wooden horse-that will be used in another activity in the weeks to come.

For Andy: I helped make a healthy dinner.  He has decided to attempt to eat better as well as use the treadmill a bit.  So I answered all his questions and provided a bunch of ideas for him to change some of his unhealthy nutrition habits.  No husbands really want these instructions from the wife, but he asked-so I answered.  I added 2 healthy side dishes to his dinner and helped plan out his lunch for tomorrow.
And For me: This time right now-blogging.  I'm about to put my feet up for the night! And maybe play a little Words with Friends. 


Good night and goodbye day 33.

3 comments:

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

i love it. i love the dedication and the love put into this celebration of the final 32 days of this pregnancy. i love how you're doing it! so fun!
pw

Nora said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to find out more about your new little Roeder!

Lynne said...

you are truly amazing raina!