5 most annoying things about being pregnant today
5. When your belly is so big that your shirt no longer wraps around tight against your pants-instead it free flies in front of your belly and air can go up it. But the worst is when you lean up against the counter and bare skin touches the counter top. Makes me want to cry.
4. When your pelvic bone hurts so much that when you walk normal (Think scissors kick, front to back motion) you grimace. It just feels better to walk with legs going left and right (think waddle) with slight forward movements. You feel like you are walking normal speed but you just aren't making up as much ground and everyone passes you, turns their head and smiles knowingly at you.
3. When your patients and co-workers can't stop themselves. Every comment under the moon. By 1 pm you are sort of on the verge of tears. Today...weirdest comment was probably from a stranger going by in a wheel chair. She put her arm in the air and shouted "Have a big baby!". Weird to me because she wasn't saying "You're having a big baby" or "Are you having a big baby?" but more of a general well wish to have a big baby.
2. When you are hungry for anything besides what is in your lunch or desk drawer. When your craving anything and everything but nothing really. When eating doesn't really fill you up. Many women say they can't eat at the end of their pregnancy because they feel so full all the time. Not this pregnant mom-I want it all and all the time.
1. The walk from the car to work and back out. It's a pretty long walk. There is nothing interesting to look at and I'm slow. Luckily the weather has cooperated this winter, but it's still dreadful at the end of the day to march so slowly and climb into the car. I usually can let out a pretty darn good sigh.
By request (and I don't know why I do this-I'm just asking to feel judged)-almost 38 weeks.
I wonder if those stripes make me look stumpyy. Darn stripes.
(PS I haven't lose sight that there are more than 5 blessings of being pregnant today- 1. More people smile at me 2. My load at work is lighter because my replacement is training and doing really well 3. No guilt for munching on gummy bears at work 4. Talking to other pregnant women and comparing stories and feelings 5. The wonder and excitement about when when when and girl/boy and contemplating name and and and.....)

7 comments:
Love lists like this :) I have one of my own brewing! And your comment about the stripes totally made me laugh!
you and your anxiety about stumpy prego pictures. haha. You look great. You crack me up daily.
Hope you have more blessing moments today than the other kind ;)
You have got the cutest bump I've ever seen!!!! AK
Cute preggo lady! You love stripes! And another blessing..no monthly periods-yes!!
#3 on the bad list is cracking me up! You look awesome. Can't believe how soon you're going to be a mom of two!
Yes, I agree with all the above comments. Plus--I can TOTALLY see why your pelvic bones and hips hurt so much. I'm carrying higher and I hurt, so I can't even imagine what you are going through. It's been fun sharing our daily annoyances and blessings with each other on this 9 month journey--but I know we will both be happy when we are on the other side of the excitement! Here's to hoping we go close to one another so one of us isn't left behind for too long!
Colleen
Post a Comment