Thursday, January 26, 2012

The things they say...

Eli is at an age that he is really saying funny things. They crack Andy and I up.  He is a riot.  Although he likes to say "Because I don't want to" over and over and over and over again without really giving the reason he doesn't want to (where do you think he learned that? Maybe from a mom or dad that say s" Because I said so") he is verbally very clear and precise.  He doesn't always have the right tense but he means so well.
Last night when he cried in the middle of the night I kept asking what was wrong. He finally said "Mama I can't tell something you".  Broke my heart.
Tonight we told Eli we were having tacos. He responded by saying "That's my favorite. Is that your favorite papa?" and Andy said "yes".  So then I said "That is mama's favorite too" and Eli said "That's perfect!". So cute.
Tonight he also tried to walk in my boots.  They went above his knees so after about 3 steps he fell to the floor. Andy laughed and Eli laughed and then Eli said "These are tricky".  He also can recite some of his Thomas Books without having them in front of him-instead he looks at us and starts telling the story-as if a true event.
Last night after laying quietly in bed for 15 minutes he started yelling "I love you mama!" and it melted my heart. 
Why can't I remember those moments and feel the same way when he is waking up at 5:40? I hate how I let my frustrations take over too quickly.  For real good words of wisdom...head over to my sisters blog today. She had a very well written blog post today about the tone and word choice when dealing with your kids.
www.fortheloveofnaps.blogspot.com

Today:
For Andy: Let him run on the treadmill earlier than 9 pm
For Eli: Taking him to open gym to burn some energy
For the Baby:  Taking down the blue shades so some new windows can be put in tomorrow.  The blue shades will go back up if the baby is a boy.  If a girl, we will put those in our bedroom and bring down the tan ones for her.
For me: popcorn and reading after the open gym with my 1 child.

I keep reminding myself to stop wishing the time fast.  These last few weeks are precious with Eli. Just Eli.  I can't believe it.  Physically I am so excited to meet this little girl or boy, snuggle and hold and get to know him/her.  I also am ready to not be holding a frozen turkey type of lump on my mid-section....but I know in a few months I will look back and say "Why did I rush that?". 

2 comments:

Ross Family said...

Oh my goodness! I love this post! This has made my morning as Izzy has been cranky and this just out right made me laugh. I feel like if Eli was one of my kids in daycare he would absolutely be my favorite. Besides for the fact that he is yours, but seriously so so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

I just love hearing what Eli has to say. "That's perfect!" is my favorite this week. Special Raina how you are doing things for all of you. Hey-don't forget Bailee Boo.