Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I heard it and I liked it...

You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.


~ Christopher Columbus

Anyone who knows me knows....I keep one toe on shore at all times (and I don't mean that in the literal sense). Safe would be a good middle name for me. Cautious too.  I hope someday, even if it takes until I'm 62, that I can jump off the dock or the edge and have faith that the shore is there and the shore is supportive but that I can cross that lake (I hate salt water) without it in sight. 

Remind me of this friends.

4 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

deep, sister. might have to go pour myself another glass of wine and ponder this post.

Tomorrow's Wednesday! Your work week is more than half over!

Anonymous said...

i will remind you. on monday--you and i just might jump off the dock together!
pw

Nora said...

What a great quote. I'd probably start with crossing a lake too. You know, work my way up to the ocean :)

Barb said...

YOU my dear are a fantastic swimmer!