Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A few good girls

Friends are good for the soul.....



I always tell my girl friends who are also mother's, that besides being a wife and a mother, a daughter and a sister, a cousin, a co-worker, we are also OURSELVES.  I am also Raina. Not just Eli's mom, Andy's wife, Barb's daughter.  I have a job to do besides be a dietitian. 

My other job is to be me. To have me time. To let loose. To enjoy myself-by myself or with others.


Good thing I have friends that ALSO need to remember that about themselves.


I'm sure you can imagine the wide range of "girl talk" topics that we got through this night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fyi...i can guarantee that you can NOT guess some of the topics that came up!
fun times girls...fun times!
pw

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Good friends and taking time to enjoy them is so healthy for women. We need that time to chat about everything and anything...so that our husbands don't have to hear about it all. I was so happy and jeolous when I heard that you had this time with your friends. It is something I struggle to fit into my life. At least time without the kids in the background.