Every day when I'm at work and the clock strikes 2 pm I start to imagine walking out the door and heading home. My commute is not bad. I usually get home within 15 minutes after my cold walk to the car. I start thinking about what to have for dinner (ok let's be honest, I start planning that around 7:30am). I start thinking about what else I will do and I gauge my energy level. I used to feel really sleepy around 2 pm but lately I have felt energy all the way till the end of the day. I plan what part of the house I will tidy up. I figure out if there is something else that needs to be done and then....I daydream about what I will do with my "me time". This is the 2-3 hours after Eli goes to sleep and when I am done being the responsible mom, wife, employee etc. Sometimes I plan to watch a tv show, read my book, take a bath, but usually,....almost every day I can actually picture myself BLOGGING. Blogging in bed. At the dining room table. On the floor while I'm folding laundry. Inevitably...something always comes up. And if you don't believe that excuse maybe you'll believe this one. I just get too tired. I have 14 different blog posts crammed into my little brain. Ready to explode. Ready to be descriptive, imaginative, colorful, passionate
and
then
all I want to do is lay in my bed. Booooooooooooo! What a boring mom, employee, friend, sister, wife. Get under the covers and forget the keyboard. So here I am. Taking the time to complain and describe how I don't have the energy to blog about the things I want to. Ironic? Lazy? Ridiculous?
Just know that I think about you (Talking to "YOU" blog-not all you readers) all day but can't force myself to get at you every day. There is oh-so much I want to type, write, explain, complain, document etc etc etc.
and who likes to read a blog post without a fun picture?
6 comments:
So jealous of what looks like a fun night with Andy! Matt and I haven't gone out sans Jack in over a year. Love that you blogged about wanting to blog but not blogging. I TOTALLY get it. I have so many blog entries that are sitting in draft mode just waiting for pics or words to be finalized. There never seems to be enough time or energy. Colleen
I'm with you Raina on this one .... I sometimes am riding in the car blogging in my mind, thinking later, later I'll write it down, but I get home and nope, it doesn't happen. Right now I want to comment on Sarah's blog about "5 things" - just because........ You and Andy have so much fun together, keep it up!
love the fun pics! and you're a great blogger- keeps me entertained regularly :)
Relax. Maybe you can escape some weekend morning to that gf bakery and catch up a little. I've done that before. And just remember to relax because the breaks between posts keep us all anticipating:)
always hard to find time. always. but here's something to put it into perspective...once lily was born, i had a HARD time reading. felt like i never had time. felt like i couldn't fit it in. now with 2, SOMEHOW..i am reading more than ever! you just juggle it to make it work!!! it's a balancing act...and constantly takes work. but you rock my friend...you rock!
pw
...and you look gorgeous in that picture sister!
Post a Comment