You are 20 months and you are amazing.
You are a joyous bundle of joy.
You bring me so much happiness. I can't believe the things you are doing. I am amazed by how much you have learned and how big you are.
You now can scoot down the stairs backwards, sleep 12-13 hours every night with a 2-3 hour nap during the day, eat with a fork/spoon, put 2 words together, call people by their names etc etc etc.
You love cars, trains, dogs, pretend-playing, books and helping mom and dad with things around the house.
You talk so much-it's truly changing day to day. You surprise dad and me every single day-we look at each other with wide eyes and say "Did you hear that?!" about something that popped out of your mouth. You laugh, dance, run, jump, eat, sleep and help with such passion.
You still love Thomas. Anything that looks like a train-is Thomas to you.
You can say things such as: Fork/Spoon, go, car, down, up, mama, papa, shoe, sock, bath, cow, duck, dog, puppy, dip, moon, star, hush, cheese, baby, coat, seat, out, snack etc. Single words you'll repeat if we ask you. You have recently started putting 2 words together and it is SO darn cute.
No Bailee, Stay Bailee, Down Bailee, Help Please, More Please, Share Toys, etc.
For a while you were calling Bailee "Bay-eee" which I thought was pretty good. All of a sudden we realized you were calling her "Bee-ya" . It's really cute and endearing.
You also have started to attempt "I love you". I try to have you repeat me word for word. You now repeat "I" and then you say "buv-ewwwwwwwwwwwww"which is close enough to love you for me.
You have also entered that stage. You know the one...the MINE, the ME, the MY TOY. We are working hard at this and you are very willing to share when we remind you.
You love to look at books. You tell me every night which book you want to look at and which ones are not the right ones for that particular nap/night.
You love your bath, fishes, being outside, "num-nums" (meals) and Elmo. You also know Dora the Explorer. You have your Teddy. He is very important. He could solve all the world problems I'm sure of it. But we have to remind you that he sleeps in your crib during the day. You get to hold him while we read books at night time and before naps and you love to hold him up to your face or your ear. You almost look like you are holding Teddy to your ear as if he is a telephone. Teddy smells like little boy saliva to me, but it melts my heart that you have a best friend with you all night long.
You are so passionate about drinking. Weather it is milk (milp) or water-you drink so fast and furious you are have to stop drinking to take a few deep breaths-as if you just ran a marathon. It makes my heart pitter patter when you are gulping with love and passion as if you have never been so thirsty in your life. Another passion I can't seem to encourage you to let go of is your nuk. I know it's the best thing for you but my heart also pitter patters for you when I see your nuk bobbling up and down in your mouth from your passionate sucking. You don't need it for nap but you ask for it at night time. In the middle of the night when I check on you, you still have it in your mouth and I just love that I can see how comforting it is for you. it makes me so sad to think of taking something away from you that you want but I know it's best for you. It's something we'll be working on in the coming months.
You are also a great cleaner-upper. You put away all your cars and books at the end of the night. You also find any tissue, toilet paper, or towel to help clean the floor even when it's sparkling. This is a skill I never want you to forget.
You don't have a specific favorite food. You like almost everything. You specifically love berries of any kind and also veggies. You eat those off your plate before you work on the main entree. You are not much interested in toast or grilled cheese but you will eat a scrambled egg or a homemade soup. You love cereal, your daily vitamin and pretzels.
I love how independent you are. But I hate the fits you are throwing. I know you just want what you want. But I also know (and only from experience) which things would be best for you. There is Independence and then there is being too big for your britches. It is my role to teach you the importance between the two. I want to let you learn but I want to catch you before you skin your knee too deep. It's hard for a parent and I don't expect you to understand until you are in my shoes one day.
I wish I could draw you a picture or tell you the right words to show you how much I love and adore you. I can't imagine or remember what life is without you. You are my son, best bud, most fun playmate and my passion in life. I need you to stay healthy, continue growing and learning and to be as happy as any boy could be. I am not going to buy you a pony, or take you to Disney World next week. I'm going to rock you and cuddle you when you need it. I am going to read to you every chance I can get. I will dance like a fool to see your smile. I will wash your face and hands after every meal. I will show you off with pride and giggle with you every single day.
I love you bubs. Don't ever stop being you.
Love,
Mama
| This boy is IN LOVE with trains |
| pure joy on his face |
| I love that this shot captured a "moment" between you and me bubs! |
5 comments:
perfectly special.
such thoughtful words and yet i can hear them just spill out of you nonstop...like you're telling a hilarious story that you can't get out fast enough....don't ever lose that joy momma!
pw
Great post. Can't believe how much he has grown and you too. Keep it up supermom.
JG
so precious :)
I have read this post 3 times!!!!!!! I will probably read it over and over and over again!!!!!!!!!! Love the last picture, too!
Colleen
Love this! And love that he just was here so I saw all this live and in action!
Post a Comment