So we have a new family member.
We went to the church festival as a family of 3 (+1 dog at home!).
We came home a family of 4 (+1 dog).
Here are the boys checking out Yoshi.
Sorry you can't really see him in his bowl (he's a fish). He is the color of Hugh's shirt. He is fast and wiggles like Eli. He brought pure joy. I never saw a fish-in-a-bag be held so tight, in a red cheeked boys hand, running to show his dad what he won. I laughed out loud.
We finally can say our "Summer" is coming to a close. I always laughed when people would say "What are you doing this summer?". Once I graduated college and started a full time job, I realized the concept of summer just meant the season of warm weather to me. It didn't change my day to day full time job. But now....big man Eli will be off to school in a week and I have been trying to fall asleep every night with so much emotion building. Life will be different. He will be growing and flying out there in the real world.
Welcome Yoshi. I know Eli can't wait to share a cookie, a cup with milk and a chat with you when he comes home from his first day of school next week. (Please make it that long!)
1 comment:
:) i love this
Post a Comment