Friday, August 16, 2013

1 of 15

Music is one of the very few passions that I have.
It's not a specific passion-when it comes to tunes I am completely open and excited.
I don't like only one style.  Or one artist.

If anyone suggests a song I'm right on it.
When I hear of a new artist, I listen.  No matter the genre.

If someone blogs a music video-I listen. Usually more than once.
And then I love it.

So I'm gonna share my love of music with y'all.
Don't judge. That's not fair.
Don't even listen if you're going to judge.
Listen if you want and if you have time.  And maybe you'll fall in love. Or just like. Or just whatever.

When you are listening remember
-it may be only about the beat
-it's probably not about the video
-it may be the band that I love
-it might be the lyrics
-it might not make any sense
-you might hate it
-perhaps it brings back a memory for me, a good one, or an emotional one, and only now I am mature enough to re-feel that.
-maybe one or 2 of these songs will hit you on your way to work, with your cup of coffee, or water or hot tea or whatever your morning beverage is-or maybe you don't even leave for work, maybe you gear up for a day at home with the littles, or a day off from work where you have a long to-do list.  Maybe you listen on your lunch break after an awful morning. Or maybe you need to relax before your head hits the pillow.  Or maybe your stirring some homemade soup on the stove. Or enjoying a glass of wine on your deck. Or driving in the car for hours to visit a friend.

If nobody listens-I will never know.  If I get one comment about one song--I'll have surpassed my goal.
Just listen. Don't judge. Don't expect.
I dare ya.  Do it now!

1 of 15

Harmonica



 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim always teases me that I have a memory for every song. I like this idea for a series of posts;) JG

gschneider said...

Oooh, I dig this new series! And this song is new to me and awesome. You should check out Tallest Man on Earth -- his first album is like this and fantastic. Liz and I belt it out on almost every road trip.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Love this tune too. New to me!

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

New to me. Love it. How do you find new music? You are a mystery, my friend!
Way to go!!
pw