Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm still thinking about the cottage

I still tip my head when I think about the cottage.  I am still waiting for my big sis to share more and more and more pictures on her blog but life moves on and she has better things to show off-right?  So here are the last of my favorite shots from the week.

This is Andy, literally 2 hours in to the trip when everything was unpacked.  



The minnow competition. (Team Sarah with the littles vs. Andy with the olders).

The crisp mornings and the cool nights.  The bug hunt. The pot luck. The dinner debate.



The splash of pink and yellow that miss syd brings to the trip.



The sounds I have memorized-the boat and dock creaking.  The sound of the cottage door opening and closing.  The laughter of my mom and dad chatting it up with some of their besties.
My sister announcing the number of minnows in her net.  The cars moving slow on the gravel driveway.






If you look closely-you'll see this is my DAD on vacation.  This same laugh every year!  (Please excuse the house in the background. The owners of the resort are in the process of building a big beautiful house in our spot on the lake.)  


He, she, them asking who was going fishing and what they caught.

Who is going in to town? What are we playing?



So while this year has been and will be full of firsts for both of my boys, the cottage will hold steady.  We will continue to count down the days until we can get back to the place we count on.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I almost always cry on the way home from any vacation. It's so hard for me to know it's over and it's time for "real" life. I feel you Rain.