Saturday, January 8, 2011

Zooooom into boyhood

Today Elijah had his first haircut!  It really was just a trim.  Just a little snip in the back and around the ears.  Of course I was prepared for him to look less like a baby and more like a man. But I wasn't expected for it to go so fast!  Half way through the "cut" I realized I hadn't even asked if we could save some.  She had already started collecting!  Eli sat in his little blue car and mostly frowned and wiggled. He didn't really cry but he seemed confused that something was touching the back of his head.  He kept turning around when the "buzzer" or "vacuum" started behind him.  I took some before and after shots.  He doesn't have enough on top or in the front-so it truly was just a trim around the ears and in the back.
Before...a view of Eli in the mirror

see those long wisps in the back?

and the wisps around his ear.....about to disappear!

He mostly frowned the whole time...But holds his beloved "Thomas" in his hands!




After!

I LOVE love love love love this handsome little BOY!

5 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

what a big boy! Looks very handsome!

Lynne said...

lol he looks so upset about this! i think it looks great.. he's growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so cute, so funny. He looks so sad. Where did you take him with the awesome car to sit in?" JG

Ross Family said...

Love it!! He looks like a little man now ready to cause some major heartbreaks to many girls! So cute!

Anonymous said...

he looks soo freaking cute. i just want to touch the back of his little neck. i'm not sure i even noticed how long some of that hair was in the back..the pics totally do it justice!
LOVE the pic of him with thomas! he looks like he's thinking, "thomas, i don't know what the heck is happening! i don't even like it..i just want to take you home and play...NOW!"
pw