1. The snow today was pretty. The roads were not bad. So far the winter has been very mild. My office does not have windows, but the routes that I walk all day are surrounded by hundreds of windows where I can glance, stare, gaze or dream through. Today it was gorgeous to see the white, swirly snow.
2. A good doc is hard to come by. I know I have proclaimed this before. I have been lucky to work with a whole big bunch of good ones. My new doctor emailed me last night at 10 pm! I woke up to have my questions answered in such a timely manner (I had emailed him at 7 pm). He treats me with respect, dignity and makes me feel like my little issues are the most important part of his day. Bottom line-if you don't feel this way about your doctor-seek one out that makes you feel safe and important and whom you trust.
3. A new baby is coming into my life soon...very soon? I'm OHHHHHHHHH so excited. Go Sarah Go! Go Ed Go! The thought of boy/girl/boy/girl shoots through my mind hour to hour and helps me through my day. I can't wait to meet this little bundle of joy. I love to hear my sisters daily thoughts about her 2 boys, what this next child will bring, the fears, anxieties, anticipations and love for this new special child. I hope labor is quick and painless Sarah!
4. Tomorrow will be my first full gluten free day. I have been doing breakfast and lunch gluten free the last few days but tomorrow is the beginning of the end ;) I know all you optimists can't wait for my pity party post to come out....it's on it's way soon. Basically I want to just list all the foods I will miss, and those I am most excited about. I promise to update those who asked on how I feel after a few days of full/strict diet.
5. On that same note: support, support, support. I have a ton of support seeping in all over the place. It's a wonderful pick me up. My mom has been ever so sensitive and caring to listen to me. My sister says the right things at all the right times. My brother asked a bunch of questions about my procedure that let me talk about it (therapeutic for me). My friend PW called a local Mexican joint to ask if the chips and salsa are gluten free (YES IT IS!!!). My friend CF left me a VERY VERY special and nice comment on a previous blog post. My husband practiced reading labels last night and that left a smile on my face. He also cleaned out the toaster and my "side" is labeled with a pink R sticker. A co-worker of mine left me a little surprise of a bag of gluten free breadcrumbs on my desk at work. My aunt lit a candle at church for me a few weeks ago. A few bookclub friends have emailed and sent me words of support. And my meal group has convinced me to maintain membership!
6. Eli is now trying to say so many words. He even attempts thank you and knows how to do the sign language for it even though I didn't teach him. I am grateful to find out he is learning things here and there at day care without my motherly push. Another cute Eli-ism: he now is putting a few words together. After nap we ask him to leave Teddy in his crib. Eli then said "Bye-Bye Teddy". We got over excited and congratulatory with him and now when he says bye bye-he says "bye bye teddy" no matter who he is talking to.
7. Bailee (woof) continues to sleep on the floor for 98% of the night and I love her for it. I miss her cuddle but I do believe it's helping us get a little more rest at night.
8. I have an intern with me at work which is tough. I feel as though being in teaching mode makes my day drag a little slower as I'm talking not only to patients but then after each appointment I then explain, ask, go over details with her. It's hard for me to get everything done and even check my email. I have been missing corresponding with my usual email buds. She is very nice and despite everything taking a little longer, it has been a blessing to have someone there to keep my mind off "things" and stay focused on work.
9. There is more to be thankful for...like a husband who always offers to shovel and is supportive to me in every which way is possible. A good book. A hot bath. A glass of wine. Fresh sheets on the bed. Popcorn. and more and more and more.............
1 comment:
Ditto to fresh sheets!! That is the best to crawl in bed and have a nice book and smell that fresh laundry smell. Glad you have so much to be thankful. Glad to call you one of my closest friends. JG
Post a Comment