Sunday, January 2, 2011

18 Months

Hey you!
It's me....1 1/2 year old Elijah.  I'm doing well-thanks for wondering.  Mommy hasn't let me on her blog for a while because she thinks I'm getting a little sassy these days.  I'm 18 months old and getting smarter each and every day.  I had a chance to visit with Dr. B last week.  He said I checked out well!  I'm developing just as I should.  AND!! a big AND--I'm growing well too. I finally hit the 20 lb mark (actually 21 lbs 3 oz) and now my mom and dad can turn my car seat around.  I'm still less than the 3rd%ile but I gained 2 lbs in the last 3 months.  I'm 32.5 inches tall and that puts me around the 50%ile.  My head measures me into the 25-50%ile.  I didn't have to get any shots because I had an ear infection and a fever so Dr. B "let it slide". 
I'm super busy these days. I really don't like to sit still at all. I'm on the move running and hopping and trotting everywhere.  I like to climb, in and out, over and under.  I'm into "nack" (snack) and Thomas the Train.
I love to help mom and dad put blocks away, throw out the garbage and sit on top of Bailee.  I'm only taking 1 nap a day and I still sleep almost 12 hours every night.  Here are my fun facts:

-When dad watches football I like to stand in front of the tv and move my fist like him.  I yell "Go, Go, Go" and "ootball"
-I am trying to say a lot of words. My favorite right now is "Thon-ih"  (thomas the train), Elmo, Bye Bye, Momma, Teddy, Dog, Bath, Boots, Snack (nack), Book, night night etc
-I try to climb on the couch because I am such a big boy when I sit on it.  Then I like to sit as close to Bailee as possible.  Sometimes she even lets me sit on top of her.
-I hear talk of mom and dad taking away my Nuk. I'm nervous.  It's a soother to me.
-I got a new tool bench for Christmas. I love it-it's perfect for me.
-My favorite foods are peas, strawberries, cheese and tomatoes
-I love my bath, bubbles and new tub toys!
-My all time favorite book right now is the foot book. Both mom and dad can almost recite it by memory because we have read it so many times. I also love books that have things for me to touch or move.  I only sit on laps for books before bed. But often I will sit on the floor and look at books by myself.
-I love the big mega blocks and spongy blocks.
-I got a broom and a lawn mower for Christmas.  I also got a zhu-zhu pet.  I love to chase it and I giggle when I pick it up. 
-My platelet count (270,000) and other labs looked great at the last draw!

I have enjoyed the little snow that we've had but I can't wait for this summer when I can go outside and play in the backyard again.  That's all for now.  I'm also attaching a few pictures of me. 
Love you all,
Mr. Elijah (bubs, E-casey, E-bugs, Eli)









6 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

He looks so big in some of those pictures! Such a big boy and not a baby!

Loved this update! So funny about Thomas!

Eli will get a little treat in the mail this week from his home depot building cousins!

Barb said...

So cute! Wonder if he was yelling go go go today when the Packers beat the Bears - a stressful game. How fun to turn the car seat around! Such a BIG boy.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I CAN NOT get enough of this post!!!!!!!! Yeah for Eli! Yeah for all the things you are learning and doing! Yeah for liking Thomas---I knew you and Jack would get along just great!
Colleen
P.S. LOVE that he sits ON Bailee...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

what a big boy! he's getting so big and so smart and i just love watching him GROW! he will LOVE LOVE LOVE the carseat turned around. Lily enjoys being One of us now..looking out the window and staring into the rearview mirror at me until i notice!
pw

Unknown said...

Love the jammies of course :)

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeee! Great pictures, even greater news. My favorite part was sitting on Bailee too. Good thing Bailee's such a champ. Such a big boy. Hope I get to see him again soon. We need another FMLH playdate. JG