Friday, November 20, 2009

Case of the What If's # 2

So....I've been challenged (Thank you Dena, Melissa and Colleen F.).
If you go back and read my very first blog entry ( first entry ) you will see that I admit I am a pessimist and that my writing style will probably always be "half empty" style and that I am hoping this will help me "move on"-thus the title of my blog. So here is my attempt-to beat the odds and be an optimist.

What if I have a husband who will cut onions for me even though he won't eat them?
What if I only had to work 1/2 days on Fridays?
What if I had a patient who made me laugh?
What if I had the cutest boy in America sleeping up in his crib right now?
What if I had a lot of fun being part of a book club?
What if my sister who I didn't really get along with when I was little, was now one of my best friends?
What if I got to watch my favorite tv show this week?
What if I lost all my pregnancy weight?
What if I liked the dairy free butter I have been using?
What if I was very excited for all the pregnant people in my life?
What if Eli is quiet during church this weekend?
What if I had a whole weekend to do nothing?
What if Andy remembers to put non-dairy white frosting between my graham crackers and stick them in my lunch?
What if I loved food and have an abundance of it in my house?
What if I win the lottery?
What if I get to laugh every day?
What if I get to read a really good book?
What if I get to see all my family for Thanksgiving?
What if I'm already in the Holiday mood?
What if I have a great relationship with my parents?
What if I could run a marathon?

Ok-guess which of these is real.....MOST of them are!!! Isn't that awesome? Unbelievable. I feel better just typing it all up. Happy Friday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing and wonderful! And Raina, sometimes it's just the little tiny things in life that make us count our blessings and realize life is good at this very moment. Mom

Anonymous said...

I love it! Made me teary...especially the one about Andy putting non-dairy white frosting between graham crackers and sticking them in your lunch. Such a small act with such a huge meaning!
Colleen

Ross Family said...

I like this one much better!! See you really do have a wonderful life full of so many wonderful things and filled with so much love!! I loved how you started it with how andy cuts onions for you!! Now that is love!!! haha Keep this up I want to read more of these what ifs....

Anonymous said...

agreed---this was a good way to realize you have so much to be thankful for this time of year and ALWAYS!!
pw

Anonymous said...

so much better! it's OK to question things and worry, just don't let it take over your mind. You have too many good things to worry so much!
Dena

Anonymous said...

Glad you met their challenge. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful to have a great friend in you. JG