Monday, November 16, 2009

A Case of the What If's

What if Bailee runs away?
What if our computer crashes and we lose everything?
What if I get in a car accident?
What if I never do all the things I want to?
What if Andy doesn't get a job closer to home?
What if there is something really wrong with my feet?
What if I forget to pay some of the bills?
What if I don't find time to do all my Christmas shopping?
What if everyone thinks weird things about me?
What if my husband doesn't think of me at all?
What if someone I care about gets hurt or sick?
What if there is bacteria growing in our house?
What if I say the wrong things?
What if I come across rude?
What if I'm done learning or what if I'm out of opportunities?
What if I miss something?
What if I'm always this tired?
What if I'm more wasteful than anyone I know?
What if this is all there really is?
What if I'm supposed to be doing something else?
What if nobody tells me that my hair is sticking up or that my fly is open?
What if I forget everything or just the important things?
What if I can't get over it?
What if nothing is funny to me?
What if I can't find my locker combination or my classroom or my schedule?
What if all my teeth fall out?
What if I never have a good dream at night?
What if Bailee feels lonely?
What if Bailee understands everything I say?
What if Andy is bored with me? What if he wouldn't miss me?
What if I just can't get it?
What if I don't get to see that movie?
What if I wear the wrong thing?
What if someone is mad at me?

These are just some of the thousands of "what if's" that attack me on any given day. And in case you didn't notice, I left alllll the Eli what if's off-because there are too many and I wanted a post that wasn't about him.

6 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Okay, not to laugh at you...but this one cracked me up because it is so you. I do the same thing...but maybe a little different. What if Bailee understands what you say...hilarious! And I love your last line about Eli...and that you wanted a post that wasn't about him.
just sounded like you talking. Anyways, good job taking a moment for yourself to type that. NOW GO TO BED! And sleep well sister! I am waiting for a newsy email from you tomorrow!

gschneider said...

I hope this was cathartic and you can put these to rest. I want to buy you a few beers :)

Anonymous said...

i want greg schneider to say this to you EVERYDAY! then you can turn around and say it back to me! relax is the name of the game..i just wish i knew how to do it.
pw

Anonymous said...

what if you are really happy?
what if you live in the moment?
Be true to yourself and be happy that you have a wonderful life.
Dena

Ross Family said...

I agree with Dena, you are so lucky and have a great life! YOu are married to a wonderful man who loves you very much, you have a healthy baby boy, a calmer bailee then when she was a pup, you have a great job, so does andy, you are both healthy, you both have great families...do you want me to keep going on, I can if you want me too! I know it is hard, I also do a lot what ifs but try to think of all the wonderful things you do have!! If you live in the what ifs you may miss that movie and your teeth may fall out! HAHA..keep brushing them my friend! Love you and miss you! Hang in there and everything will work out just the way it is supposed too!

Anonymous said...

Dena, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Life is full of 'what if's.' The only thing we can control is what 'what ifs's' we focus on. You can choose to focus on the bad or the good. I say choose good and try to make a list of those!
Colleen