Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bitter Sweet Pampers

The debate has been going on for years I'm sure. Which diaper works best for your little one? Some say it all depends on if you have a girl or a boy. I know mom's who love Huggies, some who like LUV's, and many many many who like the Pampers swaddlers. We've tried them all and then some. We try to use coupons to buy ours and have been pretty much sticking with Huggies and Pampers. They seem to be the softest and have not had any pee-leaks (a few poop-outs but that is to be expected). And no, I am not doing this post to sell one product.
To go backwards-when Andy changes Elijah's diaper he can get him to laugh out loud. It's so cute and melts my heart. Sometimes I peak in to see what it is that Andy is doing to make Eli giggle. Usually it is Andy sweeping the diaper gently over Eli's face and making a silly noise. He does this a few times and Eli closes his eyes, smiles, coos and laughs. So the other day-I had to compete. I had to try this and see if I could make him laugh. When I did it (and he DIDN'T laugh but did smile) I could smell the Pampers brand diapers. They have this certain smell that no other diaper has. It took me right back to Eli's first days of life. Many may be able to recall that baby-newness smell they experienced with their children. Because we didn't get good snuggle snuggle snuggle time in the beginning with Eli, the smell of the Pampers diaper is what brings me back to his newness . As fun as it is to reminisce about how small and special he was and is, it's difficult to have a smell bring me back to those heart wrenching, stressful times in the hospital. That was a tough beginning for Eli and he is totally fine now, but still I get a heavy heart when I think about it.
So yeah, those pampers diapers are so soft and smell so good. And they don't leak either! But they bring me back...which for me is bitter sweet.
Let the great debate continue...if you read this and you have a specific diaper that you stick to, leave a comment so we can see which works best. Does it depend on girl/boy? Age? I'll be interested in the consensus.

The Early Pampers Days. The later Pampers Days The Huggies Days

6 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

I am a Pampers mama. I even started saving the pampers points! We have occasionally tried the Target brand because they tempt me with their "half the price" of all other diapers...but they leak EVERY TIME! So pampers we will stick with. This last time I was tempted by Huggies because they are cheaper but I didn't have any coupons and I too just love the softness and quality of Pampers. We are happy with Swaddlers, CRUISERS (are awesome), but with Henry have been content with Baby Dry which are cheaper than the cruisers.

Teresa Budinko said...

Huggies family here!!!! I head to Costco and buy the huge box. I did try Pampers with Bella, but she has such sensitive skin she would get a diaper rash.... Didn't even experiment with Mackenzie. I was always happy with Huggies...
Enjoy your weekend :-)

Ross Family said...

The Ross family does not use diapers yet & has really no clue about which ones are better, but I had to comment on how cute Eli looks in diapers!! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Pampers are definitely my favorite-So many people recommended Luvs, so we tried those- they're nice too! And I swear there's a hint of the powdery scent to those diapers. Nolan's Grandma is nice enough to suprise us with diapers sometimes, so we gladly use whatever brand she chooses! :) Cute pictures of Eli!
Shelley Z

Anonymous said...

Ok--so I have a GIRL and I use LUVS. I think pampers are the greatest and used them until she was 3 months old, but then decided that cheaper LUVS worked just fine for us. I HATE huggies and storebrand.
pw

Colleen said...

I'm with you, RR. Pampers by far, Huggies if there is a good sale/coupon, LUVS to keep for emergencies/day care because I found a bunch on sale for nothing. Haven't had a problem with leakage, except one time with Huggies when there was too much "curry" in there!!