Since I've had a few responses to my blog posts with the picture book recommendations I'm gonna keep goin' with it. Sorry if that's a bore to you. And please share if you have any goodies!!!
So! Do you have a fashionista on your hands? I don't but we randomly checked out this book. It's cute. The story line is pretty self explanatory and I AM a fan of old clothes. But it is the pictures that grabbed me. They are so amazing. (It doesn't hurt that the little blondie in the book reminds me of Hughie but has the name Henry-which fits another special blonde boy in my life).

Check it out.
The funny thing about the second book is that it was another random pick, and the first time I read it to Eli I didn't "get it". But he ended up reading this one with Grandma and Grandpa Roeder next. And they have been around the block a few more times than I. Therefore, the second time I read this one with Eli-we did it much differently. This is definitely a night time book. Turn out the lights and give your child a flashlight or head lamp. While you read the page have your kiddo shine the flashlight on the page (obviously so you can read and also this excites the parts of the page to light up moments later). When you are done reading the words on each page, turn the flashlight off or turn it away and OHHH and AHHH together as you find the parts of the page that light up. The second time I read it I wasn't prepared for all the glow in the dark specialness, therefore I was smiling from ear to ear and enjoyed each and every page with Eli in the dark. This is a very fun surprise for littles. (I now realize on the cover that it says "A glow in the dark search". Trust me, the story is pretty dull if there are no hidden glow in the dark nightlights. There is always magic reading to your child in the dark. You can hear the smile in their voice even if you can't see it. )

What are you reading to your kiddos? We read a lot of Dr. Seuss and Llama Llama books. Do your kids always request the same book over and over? Do you pick or do they pick? How many do you let them read at night before bed or at nap time? Do you check out random books from the shelf at the library or depend on best sellers? If you have any good ones-send 'em my way!
3 comments:
Keep it up Rain, amazing subject ... Love it! Barb
I like to research books online and put them on hold online so when I go to the library I can run in and get them. I sometimes search for best children's books or on amazon or google it and get books that way or just search for their favorite subject - disney princess, search and find, etc. A few favorites over here are: Press Here by Herve Tullet, The Book with a Hole by Herve Tullet, Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal - also little hoot and little oink by amy krouse rosenthal, and Leo the Lightning Bug by Eric Drachman - this last one comes with a CD you can play in your car and my kids LOVE this to listen to in the car! Hope you enjoy these fun books! Jamie Trampe PS - when you recommend kids books, I put them on hold right away from our library for my kids :)
I can't remember the author and Abby's sleeping so I can't grab the book but I LOVE Dark, Dark Night and Bear Wants More. They are by the same author. Abby has memorized good portions of these books.
Post a Comment