Andy and I had a moment last night. A real live moment. And it was awesome.
We finally got the 2 boys in the tub together. I knew we were both excited about this but I didn't realize the impact it would have on me.
Hugh is now sitting up well enough that we trusted him to sit next to his big brother in the tub. I have never seen Eli take his clothes off and drop them in the hamper so fast. Even that little fact got my heart racing. Big brother was excited to SHARE the bath with little brother. And although nothing spectacular happened, it was awesome. Amazing. Rejuvenating after a long day.
I wish we had set up the tripod and taken a family photo. No....Andy and I were not in the tub with them. But we were kneeling on the floor staring at our 2 boys in the tub together. We literally had our chins on our elbows which were resting on the side of the tub, just watching them.
This relationship of brotherhood that we have given them is the best free present they will ever receive. Andy and I looked at each other, chins on elbows and said "Can you believe we have two boys, in the tub right now?". Andy did his little laugh that I always know means he is in disbelief.
These pictures don't do it justice....because kids in the tub are just cuter in person than what the picture shows. But one thing is true-they look less like each other when they are waterlogged.
Cheers----Here's to many more of these moments for Andy and I (and Eli and Hugh too!).
2 comments:
Awesome!! Let the bath fun begin!! (PS: don't you want to freeze time just a little bit right now??) AK
That's so cute...we haven't done that, but I'm not sure we will. One joy of having kids a little closer together I think!
Post a Comment