Monday, October 29, 2012

3 New stuffs happening round here

Two weeks ago I stopped at Starbucks to buy Andy a coffee.  I don't drink coffee and am not always super stoked by the amount a coffee costs when we have a coffee pot sitting right on our counter.  But I wanted to treat Andy to a little surprise.  And when I do something thoughtful for him spur of the moment, I get really excited.  I'm always glad to make him happy and can't wait to see his reaction.
I turned the corner to pull into the drive through lane.  I wasn't going fast. I was aware of my surroundings.  When my car straightened up I noticed a car behind me.  He was straight behind me a little ways. Not really in line....yet.   I realized he may have had the right a-way to get in line for coffee?  I felt horrible.  Was he or was he not supposed to be in front of me?  I was embarrassed. I always try to drive by the rules.  Had I let my excitement get the best of me?  He slowly pulled up behind me and I couldn't really see him through the window.  I knew just what I was going to do, and it was all new to me.  When I pulled up to pay I paid it forward. Finally! I had been wanting to do this for a long time.  I asked her if I could pay for the car behind me and she told me the amount.  I pulled away with a smile.  I still wonder who he was, what he thought and if he paid it forward to anyone in return.




Andy and I also experienced our first race together.  I have done a 5k before, but not many and not recently.  Together we signed up for a small 5K/10K.  We wanted to do our first race together instead of with friends.  We didn't know what to expect.  I myself didn't want any pressures of running faster to keep up with someone and not accomplishing my goal: to run the whole thing and not walk.  Thank you to my parents who came to watch the kids.  Andy and I warmed up together and gave each other pep talks.  I didn't have to walk although it was so hard for me that I really wanted to.  My bib number was 99, the year I graduated.  I finished faster than I thought I would but by no means am I a champion.  Andy did well too, although he wanted a better time.  We hung around afterwards for a little while, stretching and people watching for a little while.  It meant the world to do something new, together. We actually took a few hours and made it just about us.

I finally got a few moments (literally moments) with an old and a goodie.  My best friend from highschool (who was also my post-college roommate) stopped over for a visit. She lives far, far far away and she was in the state visiting family.  I lucked out to get a visit from her and her cute lil daughter.  I miss her all the time.  I don't think she knows.  Or maybe, she hopefully does.  I've been through the thick and thin with her.  She's seen me at my bestest of best and my ultimate lowest of lows.  I'd take her back as a roommate in a heart beat.  But life doesn't work that way.  She happily and beautifully married one of my best guy friends and off they went-starting this amazing life together. And they bruoght this adorable little blondieinto this world.  I wish I could spend hours watching her. Smiling and giggling with her.  Although this visit was brief I managed to snap one picture of the 2 of us with our kids.  I can't believe how life continues to fly right by.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

i have your blog address at work now so i can daily stalk your blog again lol and i love it :) the picture of you and gerk and the kids is great! how fun :) my brother was here visiting for about a day and a half, it was nice, but brief. and tylin is sick- i took her to the doctor yesterday and now she's on FOUR meds. that's a LOT to keep up with. ugh. anywho, sounds like you're doing well, can't wait till we can chat again!