(Seems so simple doesn't it, since I am taking 10 minutes to blog?)
Yesterday if I had been lucky enough to have 1 more unplanned hour I would have sat on the floor for extra play time.
Tomorrow if I gain an extra hour I will spend it in the kitchen, dancing and cooking: pureeing baby food and working ahead on dinner.
Last week if I had an extra hour I would have ramped up my work outs. I would have stretch before and after, warm up and cool down appropriately. Maybe I would have even added in some crunches, push ups etc.
Friday if I have an extra hour I will put together Eli's fort and get out his flash light. We will read Halloween books by flashlight. A bowl of popcorn might be in the cards as well.
On Sunday if I have an extra hour, I will dig in this yellow Tonka truck with my boys.
If I had an extra hour every day I would:
-Take a nap or
-call a friend I haven't talked to for a while or
-shave my legs more often or
-vacuum the stairs or
-finish the special (delayed) wedding gift for Greg and Liz (shhhh don't tell them if you know what it is) or
-shop by myself for something that is trendy but not striped or
-work on a leaf project with Eli or
-sing songs to Hughie or
-Find a Halloween costume for this weekend or
-or facetime with my sister
-make a batch of homemade pancakes, french toast or waffles to freeze for breakfasts or
-read blogs and become inspired or
-clean out the silverware drawer or
-go to the post office like I had planned for the last couple weeks or
-read my book or
-try a new gluten free recipe every day or
-work on decluttering my house-room by room or or or or
But right now I'm just busy being a mom to little brother and big brother and that comes first. Sometimes I feel like if I had an extra hour or two, I would be more interesting, more organized, have more energy, be smarter, skinnier, more in shape, more healthy, happy, satisfied and a more engaging wife. But it's not about the hours that I don't have or that I wish I had. I have to focus on the hours that are there, right before me and make the most of them.





5 comments:
right on sista! How about adding to the list...reconnecting with your big sis since we have both been too busy for facetime emptying diswasher chats lately.
Love the fort pic with Eli. And of ocurse all the hughie shots!
Great post. great message.
seriously it took me like 5 tries to type in the damn password thingy. get rid of it. go into your settings!
Thanks for fixing. I think I have commented on past blogs and have clicked the window closed not realizing I typed it wrong and it didn't post. Sorry.
I would sleep. Definitely sleep. Eli looks so old in this last picture. Can't believe he's 3 already. JG
Love all the pics! You seem to be doing great with the number of hours we're all allotted :)
Post a Comment