Yesterday we finger painted.
Today we made gluten free banana muffins.
Tomorrow we will work on ABC again.
Yesterday Eli threw a wet washcloth at me out of the tub.
Today, while I changed Hugh's diaper, Eli locked the bathroom door and then closed it. Now nobody can get in.
Tomorrow Eli will do his naughty-thing at day care-or hopefully not.
Yesterday I told Andy "A week from now, you better drug me". (The Sunday blues will hit)
Today it is officially 1 week until I go back to work.
Tomorrow will be 1 day closer.
Yesterday we cleaned up the basement.
Today I dropped off some maternity clothes-I'm not completely done with them yet but getting closer.
Tomorrow I'll shop for a new pair of jeans to be comfy in.
Yesterday I smiled when Eli and I played trains and built a cool bridge.
Today I smirked when Eli and I made "Jails" for dinosaurs out of Lego Blocks.
Tomorrow I'll cuddle Hughie extra hard.
Yesterday Andy put Eli down for bed while I put Hugh down.
Today I will put both boys to bed by myself.
Tomorrow maybe Andy will take them both?
It's easy to live in the "yesterday, today, tomorrow" time period. But sometimes we have to do the hard things. We just do. So for today, I will let go of the yesterday and the tomorrow worries and attempt (I say attempt because I'm not perfect) to live in the today, today, today.

3 comments:
You're smart to want to live in the now.
You're amazing if you can do it.
It's hard...for everyone..but especially hard for a mom letting go of maternity leave.
Hard step. But you've got a lot to show for your time with the boys..so many good memories and laughs and and and...
relax and I hope you enjoy today.
pw
Ditto what Peggy said.
Loved this blog and am asking if I can copy it sometime.
Also, maybe, just maybe, since you are going back part-time this round....maybe, you will actually look forward to Mondays as a change of pace from your 5 full days of your kiddos. Your two days and one evening where daddy gets to put on his super daddy cape might just be a perfect balance for you. I hope so. And am jealous of this opportunity to continue with more mommy time but keep that professional part of your identity fresh.
Yesterday: I was proud of you.
Today: I am proud of you.
Tomorrow: I will be proud of you.
And I must say that I LOVE our kitchen chats lately. SEriously, hours of FaceTime has been logged this maternity leave. Love it.
Really like this post!! Might have to steal :)
T
Post a Comment