I survived.
You knew I would. Andy was sure I would. And here I am....still alive. I made it to work and back.
I knew the boys would make it through their day. I wasn't sure about myself. But I did it.
It was awful and ok at the same time. Awful because I couldn't stop thinking about what THEY were doing and if they were ok. It was ok because I made it. It was long and grueling, hard and emotional. Physically I was exhausted at the end of the day. But when Wednesday ended, and I walked out of the building to my car, I was wide eyed. It was my Friday! 4 days away. A vacation!
It will be a while before we get into a routine. The first morning Eli slept in. So Andy had a nice morning with just Hugh. The second morning, Hugh slept in. I'm so blessed to have a husband who can get both boys off for the day.
The day between my 2 long work days I spent with the boys and worked in the evening. It was quiet there and I got done what I needed to. I came home and Eli was already asleep (bliss) and Hugh was waiting for me...if you know what I mean. Again, blessed. But the day we spent together was truly amazing. The weather was perfect and the boys were angels. We ventured outside and this is what my view was.
To my right
Right in front of me
To my left
It's true...there is so much beauty in the world. Everywhere I looked-beauty.
There is so much more to jot down...but I'm about to get on the floor and play trains (what else?). We will meet daddy for lunch at his work. Maybe a walk in the stroller. Dinner on the deck? Oh and final touches on plans for a shower being thrown this weekend for my future sister in law. More posts to come...hopefully. For now---I'll leave you with a smile.
1 comment:
I love that last picture of Hugh napping on the lawn. It looks so summery!
Post a Comment