Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moving On...

The title of my blog...where did it come from?
It was developed before the birth of Eli but now it fits more than ever. 
I have trouble moving on sometimes.
Change is hard for me.




They say the only people who like change are babies in wet diapers.
I know a few people who are passionate about change.
Oh no not me.

I'm constantly trying to "move on".  I need to stop thinking about what happened in the past and try not to fear the future.  Move on from the things that affect me if they are not positive, but stay in the now.



I can't count the number of times people have commented on how Eli runs.  Many say he prances or floats.  It's magical.  He has no weights on his shoulders.  I'm jealous.  He moves on.


Eli sure knows how to move on without looking back.


I need to learn from him.  He does it with passion.

Hughie is movin' on all the time too.  0-3 month pajamas? Who cares-he's not sentimental. He doesn't have a hard time folding them and putting them away-he doesn't wonder if he'll ever snaps those buttons around another lil baby bum.  Head out the door for a trial at day care? No prob.  Go with the flow. Move on.


Those boys...always movin' on at the appropriate time.

Me on the other hand....I'm entering a zone.  I have to transition back to being a career woman.  Luckily this time around I will only be part time.  I remember dropping Eli off at day care and telling myself that he was going to sleep the whole day.  He couldn't miss me because he'd be sleeping.  He wasn't crying-because he was sleeping.  It worked.  Will it work this time?  Can I do this? What keeps me from moving on to this next stage?

A few months ago I remember my sister emailing me and telling me that she couldn't sleep at night because she was so excited for the next day.  No way....I was pregnant and tired and working and couldn't understand any of that.  Excited for the next day? I was always excited for the sleep.  But now...oh now I get it big sis!  I don't remember being this content or this satisfied with my day to day life.  I don't write long complaining emails to anyone!  I laugh more, dance and sing in my free time and embrace the exaustion at the end of the day.  Despite the sleepiness and the non-listening almost 3 year old antics, I am happier than I have ever been.  I'm not ready to move on.  This time it's not out of fear. It's because I'm content.  I can't wait to have another day with my boys.   A day just like these days. 

So...they push me.  The only way to get to see them and spend more time with them, is to get through that work day.  Conquer it.  Keep movin' on....with them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS POST:) JG

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

I think you explained your feelings to a t. You have enjoyed these 12 weeks, Rain...crammed a lot in! Be proud and move on. Move on to the next big jump. From one part-time mom/RD to another...you just might think this mix is perfect! :)
pw

Unknown said...

I may have said this before, but I love how honest your posts are. I always feel like we get the real rr even through a blog...not an easy feat!
T

Lynne said...

i love hugh's giraffe jammies :) tylin is wearing her giraffe onsie today :) also love all the pics you posted, so cute! enjoy moving on!