Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

So much has been happening....I feel like I am a nerd for posting about Mother's Day so late.  But here I am. Truly a mom.  A mom of 2 and maybe that is why I am so delayed.  Do I get an excuse now?  It was wonderful-the day-the concept-all of it.  I hope all the moms out there felt loved and special and honored.  I know I verbalized it, texted it, e-mailed it, mailed it, called it and thought about it for all the special mom's that I"m acquainted with.  


I can't even begin to explain how much more I understand my childhood and my own mother after becoming one.  I can't count how many times I have said "sorry" to my mom in my head while being a parent.  A big ol' sorry for all the little age appropriate things I did to annoy her.  But I smirk knowing I brought her some type of joy here or there.  She is/was/will always be the perfect mom for me.  Just like I am for my boys.

A few special Mother's Day links that I enjoyed.... (Check 'em out even though it's come and gone.  If you are a mom, you'll most likely enjoy.  If you aren't, but you have a mom or want to be one, you'll probably enjoy.)

A post from a friend far away---oh how I miss her.  I love how she wrote this-it made me feel it.  Is she a great writer or what?  An even better mom!

This post had a shout out to me and it made my day even more special.  

I don't have a daughter but I still got a kick out of this

This one is written by a mother of 4. I love her writing style.  This one hits home because I have 2 boys and I just liked it. 

1 comment:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Love all Hugh's expressions.
Happy Mother's day!