Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

~Andy took Eli to the grocery store with him while I started dinner. BLISS.  Quiet time in the kitchen.  I was in my glory. I made homemade chicken & pasta pesto.  I used basil from my garden.  I had my favorite mellow music on.  I was secretly smiling.  I missed my boys enough to talk to them twice on the phone.  Andy is a great grocery shopper.  He always shops the sales and always gets everything on the list and usually at least 1 or 2 surprises.

~New sunglasses for Andy this weekend

~Popcorn for me at the zoo!  I shared with Eli (He's definitely a Schneider popcorn eater at heart)

~College friends came to visit.  Awesome. Fun to catch up, meet new little ones, see prego belly's and reminisce.  A perfect summer Friday night.

~Farmer's market-just a stroll. Didn't buy anything this time around. 

~Eli got his new birthday toys out to play today. Pictures to come...big wheel, sandbox and a new big Tonka truck.  He also was in and out of his pool, interested in moths and spiders and always...his lawn mower.

~An early morning bike ride with a stop at the park.  We found that the neighborhood pool is open.  4th of July weekend is coming up-wouldn't it be classic to spend the day at "the pool"?

~An interesting documentary "Running the Sahara".  Anyone see it? WOW.

~Still anxious about work on Sunday nights.  Just not ready for the weekend to be over.  Moving on......

~Andy (and bailee) talk with the neighbor over the fence whenever they are both outside.  I wish I could snap a picture without looking weird.  It's just really cool to see him get to know the "neighbors".  He also has been hanging out with our other (much younger) neighbor lately and I think it will develop into a closer friendship.  They have a new baby!

~Can't believe Summerfest starts next week. I don't think we're going this year but if the bug bites us....maybe we'll do a day trip next weekend.  Hard for me because I can't eat (hardly) any of the food and also I can't indulge int he cold Miller Lite.  I can't imagine being THERE and not having one. 

~Gluten free crepes this am with my boys.  Eli had his first Popsicle.

~We finally found the zebra at the zoo.  Never knew where he/she lived!  Elijah also fed the goats for the first time. And saw a peacock with his feathers spread!  The bear was swimming and the monkeys were eating.  We rode the train and we all got pooped out.  We still haven't gotten grandma barb there.

~I'm vowing to blog more this next week.  That's all for now...it was a great weekend.

5 comments:

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

This is a great post! I like it. Sounds like a super fun weekend at home. A nice family weekend sprinkled w reflection!
Pw

gschneider said...

Seriously, you did all that?! Impressive. If Eli doesn't like the weird toy I sent, maybe you can turn it into a planter :)

Unknown said...

We watched Running the Sahara on Friday night :) Eye opening for a lot of reasons!

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Sounds like a perfectly balanced weekend with family fun at home, outings, a little alone time, and love the new tunes.

Wishing you peace this week my sister. Try and enjoy the ride this week. Life is amazing. We are adults. I will listen to your music again in the morning while I make breakfast and then WASH my dishes by hand with one of the boys helping out :)

Barb said...

My favorite blog that you've ever written! Life with you and your family, ordinary times of love in your lives. Life is good isn't it?