Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bad days...

I have realized that there are many different levels of "bad" that a day can be.  Some are sort of bad, a little bad, pretty bad, really bad or terribly bad.  After today, which I sort of classify in the really-terribly bad day category, I have come to the conclusion that I deal with these days better than a mildly bad day.
On days where I feel like it is 'sorta' bad, I can stay down in the dumps for a long, long time. I dwell on it and can't get over it.  But when a day is truly terribly, horrible, no good very bad day....I get over it.

What do you think?  Maybe it's the reason behind the day being bad that really matters.  Could it be that when things are sorta bad, I was responsible for what was happening?  While the days that are terribly bad are just SO bad because it was out of my control?  There may not have been anything I could do to change the situation-so after my initial pouting, I'm able to put it on the back burner and move on.  It's just a theory.

Otherwise it could just be the plate of nachos that helped me get over my awful, no good, terrible, horrible, bad bad bad day...  

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hang in there youngest daughter, hold your head high and put your shoulders back. Mistakes happen and we learn so very much from them. Glad you've already moved on!

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Ditto what mom said. Glad you moved on. Your thoughts make sense to me in this post! Hope your day is better today.

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Don't know what happened, but the phrase "Live and Learn" comes to mind. Chin up!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Agree with your family. Proud of you for putting it behind it. I think you are right though, the big things somehow are easier to learn from and move on. When I have a sorta bad day it is often an attitude problem I have that causes me to dwell on everything.