Was spent preparing this......
Andy thought we were going to a pot luck. Nope. I told him we were set for the week. A lot of my patients want advice for weight loss and cancer prevention. Now your looking at it. I'm a big advocate for veggies. I like them more than fruit (just a preference, not a nutritional value reason). Many patients want time saving tips for weight loss and proper nutrition. I always tell them to take 1 hour out of the weekend and prepare for the week. Ultimately that will save time because
1. Easy to grab -they are cleaned and cut. If you're like me, leaving the house at 6 am does not give me enough time to get out the cucumber and clean and cut it and put in a container. This makes it easy to grab for lunches.
2. You can also use these for breakfast-omelets!
3. Dinners are made easy-stir fry, raw veggies and dip, or veggies and humus, or just steam them.
4. I will not have to dirty a knife or a cutting board ALL week. Amazing.
This encourages me to snack on veggies and I love having a variety!
Also everything you see in the picture above is gluten free. WOW :)
Luckily Andy and I both like different veggies and some the same. Note-the radishes are from our local farmer's market and I don't have to share those with Andy. YUM. I dare you to do this. Do it! Send me a picture if you do. Just 1 hour. Literally-just 1 hour out of your weekend-and you will be saving time AND doing something so good for your body.
5 comments:
darn you beat me to this post. Although mine is going to be a wee bit different.
I am going to involve the boys and make a snack tray that will look similar to this but with fruit too. And I want it in the fridge available to them during the day. They can go snack anytime on the things in that tray. I will also throw one packaged snack in there...but the rest will be like this. Ican't wait to see how it goes over. I totally agree though about tkaing the time to prep this stuff. Cutting your own carrots has always been my big push. Love real carrots - forget those tiny things.
Good job sister Raina! Enjoy your yummy veggie week! I can't wait for our farmer's market to open. Makes them even tastier.
i'm happy you took that hour to yourself FOR yourself and your family. will really make a difference for you as the week goes on. something that pays out in dividends! this is something i often find myself telling my clients, but forgetting to do myself. good job RAIN!
pw
I JUST LOVE THE PICTURES OF THESE veggies - have opened your blog and looked at them over and over. I can't use it as my screen saver yet though because Eli holds the position for now.
what a GREAT idea! I've been buying those little precut veggie packs at the grocery store, and they are so expensive and not very fresh. I'll definitely be trying your idea this summer- thanks!
Well, I just looked at these pictures AGAIN! I think you should print them off and blow them up and hand them out to all of your patients :-) I even showed the pictures to my friends tonight when they visited.
Post a Comment