Dear Raina
Each stage is just that-a stage. A blip. A long moment that may last a few days, multiple weeks, a month, 3 months--but then they move on. Those little guys-they grow and learn and do new things. They don't cry all the time forever. They don't nurse forever. They don't use the nuk forever. They don't need your help walking forever and ever and ever.
I need to remember this the next time you struggle through a stage. This too shall pass. And it will. I might even wish for it back (But I also may not).
What my friends and family say is really true. Things will get better-he will move on.
These days he plays.
He.
Plays.
The exciting part of this is he is playing more and more by himself. I remember dreaming of the time where I could sit for 10 minutes and WATCH him play instead of making sure he wasn't getting into stuff. I wanted to see him being creative and using his imagination. I wanted him to spend putting the blocks together and taking them apart. He is getting good at this. A pile of cars will capture his attention for a time period long enough for me to sort through the mail and go to the bathroom. Bliss! These days I find that if I sit down and play with him-it's ok. He's not yet into telling me where my car has to go, or what my "guy" should say or do (I dread this type of "play"). He's content if I'm helping and playing and building. I know this stage will change too, but right now-I need to keep soaking it in. This is just a reminder.
I don't need to get frustrated-because in fact it is true-this (whatever it may be) will pass. As my sister says, the days are long-but the years go fast. Gulp....
Love,
Raina
2 comments:
cute...and something you'll reference often, i'm sure!
pw
Can I cut and paste a couple of your blogs and send them to our good friends in New Mexico? Meaningful!!
Post a Comment