Saturday, April 30, 2011

2 hours later....

I knew it was too good to be true.
Yesterday Elijah took a 3 hour nap. 
This morning, it was verging on 9:15 and he was still quiet...he is usually up by 6:30.  I went into Eli's bedroom and he stood up in his crib and said "I pooped".  I sniffed the air.  No poopy smell. 

I went over by him and his cheeks were all pink.  He had a fever. Do you think he meant "I'm pooped!"?

First he was hot, then cold. Not hungry. Didn't want anything to drink. Sat in just a diaper for 20 minutes with me, all the while asking for Dad (yes -it hurt my heart but what a sick boy wants-a sick boy gets). So now he is sitting on dad's lap watching Thomas the train.  Let's hope he kicks this fever in the butt and ends up having a great day today.

3 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

He looks soooo long in that picture. Rainy here. Take turns snuggling him and enjoying your day!

Barb said...

Poor little guy! His feet look long in this picture. Sorry and sad for him and you guys too. Be glad you are home with him.

Ross Family said...

AWE....poor guy!! But what a cute picture of him and andy!!