Saturday, April 30, 2011

Today

I think I like to title blog posts "Today".  I'm sure I've done it before but as I get older my memory worsens and now I can't remember if that was recent or not.

But the title just makes sense. I'm going to write about today-sort of. 

The amazing thing is my clock says 7:44.

Today Eli is sleeping in.  Today I slept in!  It feels glorious.  I wonder what the weather will be and if we'll be outside or in pulling out a new toy I have stored in the closet for a rainy day.

Today I woke up hungry.

Today I'm excited to be home with the family and NOT at work.

Today I have a lot of little things planned.  I'm going to make meals for my Meal Club that I'm part of.  I'm going to make rice meatballs but I will make them with ground turkey instead of ground beef because a few members don't like beef.

Today I will make a different version of my quinoa salad for a VERY VERY exciting birthday party I am going to tomorrow.  Someone is turning 1!!!!!  Those are such special occasions.

The birds sound so spunky already.  We need to get a bird feeder because Eli loves to watch the animals through the window and I don't know how long things like that will bring him that pure joy.

I am waiting on a new book that is "In Transit" from the library.  I'm dying. I haven't had anything to read in the last 2-3 nights. Drives me bonkers.

I'm thinking and wondering about my sister and her weekend.  Her husband left for the weekend and she is home with her three "chitlins" (what my mom used to call kiddos).  I'm amazed that she can do this. I'm amazed that my mom could do that.  That would be so very hard for me.  Her kids are awesome and I know she'll get through it.  How could you not with the beautiful little baby she's got?

I've realized lately that I don't watch as much tv as I used to.  There are really only 2 programs that I watch consistently.  However, one of my shows that I end up watching on-line because it is on too late on Sunday nights is Brothers and Sisters.  Who watches? Who is a fan?  That show can make me laugh or cry.  Last night I watched one episode before I went to sleep. I think it was the most recent and it blew my mind!  Can you believe Scotty and Kevin found their baby? Wow wow wow. Love that twist.

There is a lot of excitement in the air. I found out a new friend is pregnant.  My other friend has a lil one who is turning 1.  My mom just got home from a fabulous trip to Vegas.  Andy's 2 cousins have their baby showers this weekend.  I have a few pregnant friends who will have a new addition to their family sometime this summer.  Grandma Roeder is coming over to play today  Andy made 2 meals this past week (both gf) and is excited to try another tonight!  I will travel to visit my sister and her family twice this month!  My 2 planned vacations are months away, but I'm counting down the weeks already....because....Summer is on it's way. FINALLY.

and last weekend-I ate this and it was gluten free and so darn yummy.
  Happy Saturday....rain or shine. 

2 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

That dessert looks incredible! Your upbeat email and blog post inspired me to have a grrrreat day! Thanks

Barb said...

Read WATER FOR ELEPHANTS!
Loved your upbeat blog and I want more details about the gf meals Andy is making.