That being said...they may miss "the hunt" or the adventure that lays outside those zoo walls. Maybe they don't have enough space to run as much as they'd like. I'm not sure. The Milwaukee Zoo is pretty amazing. The animals are not in "cages" with stone floors and four walls around them-they each have an individual atmosphere. A lot of the areas have a zoo employee standing there to tell you something about the animals in addition to the written info-this last weekend one employee told us that the little monkey just turned four last weekend. Maybe that is not what being an animal is all about-but every single person she told that to said "awww".
Because I'm afraid of bears-I would never stand within 30 feet of them and watch them in awe like I can at the zoo. But this last visit I was amazed. There were two bears being VERY active in the water. They were playing and wrestling. I loved it. Also, we walked up to a really large gorilla sitting on a stump. He was in "The Thinker" position. Then he slowly rolled off and laid down. Another little monkey was taking food and hiding it while we all watched. The sea lions swam back and forth and I never knew how fast an otter could swim. I want to get my mom there....how can I convince her?
| The Gorilla aka The Thinker |
| I have nightmares about bears....not sure why we were this close! |
4 comments:
Zoo passes- money well spent. Ours works at your zoo!
Eli will lovw the zoo. And when he goes in first grade on a field trip he will either be the tour guide know it all or the trouble maker because he is bored, ha :)
Great bear pictures. Wish I could pet one. I'm still afraid of dogs though. haha
I haven't been to the zoo in ages! Getting a pass is such a great idea.
Grandpa and I did take Eli to the Pet Store twice, does that count as anything?
Post a Comment