A few weeks ago the elderly gentleman next came over with a broken wrist to inform us that his wife fell and broke her hip. She was in the hospital and he wanted to confirm that Andy could help him get her in the house when she got home. She is now wheelchair bound and something needed to be done. Our handy-neighbor got Home Depot to donate a bucket-load of materials for free and away the boys went. I think at one time or another there may have been 4 or 5 guys over there to start with. But last weekend, Andy and handy-neighbor finished it up. It's looking good. I'm proud of them.
The news channel came over to interview handy-neighbor and elderly-neighbor. Andy was in the background working away but I can't seem to find a link to the interview. Below are some during and after shots. I didn't get my tush out there soon enough to get the "before" shot. Eli said all day "Big boys?"- meaning he wanted to go out and see what the big guys were doing out there.
Inspiring to me.
So yeah....neighborhood-I think we live in a good one.
1 comment:
i agree...heartwearming to me that andy helped. that you live in such a nice neighborhood. andy has a big heart..i love it.
pw
Post a Comment