Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Blues....

I'm sure everyone gets them.
Those Sunday Blues.

If I don't watch out....I sometimes even get those Sunday Blues on Saturday.

Typically they creep up right around 9 am on Sunday. I start thinking about getting up early the next day and putting on work clothes.  Leaving the house before either of the boys wake up.  Park and make the annoying walk in and sit down at my desk by 6:30 am.  And my "adventure" at work doesn't get me home until 5 pm on Mondays. It's enough to make me want to hide under the bed.

It doesn't matter what I'm doing over the weekend. I could have lots of plans and be busy all Sunday.  I still get them.  My mom tells me to stop letting them ruin the time I have left over the weekend.  But I can't help it. I'm passionate about my Sunday Blues.

And every Monday I think in my mind "OH MY GOSH! I don't think I'll make it to Friday. It's going to be the longest week EVER."  (Honestly when Friday comes along, I also think "I can't believe I made it to Friday!")

But this weekend I got a lot done around the house despite Eli being off and on sick.  We also had a nice visit from Andy's mom.  Got some gluten free shopping done. Celebrated a special 1 year old birthday.  I made it to church alone (a blessing!).  Made my meal club meals etc etc etc.  I even watched a movie and sorted bins of Eli's old clothes.  I should feel good going in to Monday. But around 7 pm I realized...I'm pooped.  I wanted to just sit down and relax.  I probably could have just gone to bed.  But instead I ran on the treadmill (I ALWAYS feel better after doing some exercise) and then I cleaned the kitchen.  YES folks-

I. Cleaned. The. Kitchen.

And there wasn't even any added pressure of guests coming over! What a miracle.   Because it is Sunday night and I don't want to wake up in themorning and see a mess of crusty food all over our gorgeous new stove, or bowls, dishes, pans and silverware stacked in the sink when we have a really nice new dishwasher.  I am hopeful that this will send me out the door more content and slightly more relaxed so that when I come home I have a fresh start to making dinner for the week.

 To me the kitchen is the most important room in our house.  It is where the most communicating happens.  Andy and I talk about our days while we cook and prepare Eli and our dinners.  It is where I am when Andy gives Eli his bath and we chat around the corner.  It is where I put the music on and chug a glass of ice water or cheers a glass of white wine.  It's the room that I enjoy tastes of new foods, read recipes, talk on the phone, text a friend, open the mail, feed the dog, think about my breakfast for the next day etc etc. Such an important room-and why not clean it so that it is fresh and immaculate (ok not sure I can go that far) for the start of a week?

Shoo Blues.....don't bother me.

Elijah's famous "Scary Face"

2 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Good job sister! I think you feel good about the kitchen tomorrow! Is that still the infamous scary face! Although it was never very scary- more adorable

Barb said...

I LOVE HIS SCARY FACE. He deserves a kiss.