Setting the stage: I'm in the bathroom getting ready to go to work. Andy is downstairs with Mr. E getting ready for the day.
What I say: Andy! Andy!
(eli repeats downstairs): Andy!
Andy says to Eli (because he doesn't hear me): What?
Eli says: Mama! (Wow-he's telling Andy I was calling him)
Andy says: WHAT? (loudly so I can hear him upstairs)
That's all he said.
But smarty-pants Eli says "RAIN!"
My name has NEVER sounded so sweet-as it did this morning when my son declared it.
When I'm talking to Elijah I always say "Daddy" or "papa" in place of Andy. Andy does the same (Mama for Raina). But when Andy and I are talking to each other, we always use each others names. I'm not sure if I'm ready to start calling him dad anytime Eli is around just so he doesn't think he can call us by our first names. I have a hard time calling Andy Daddy because he's not my dad. But he is A dad. So it's time to transition.
But Eli's little sly smile, Andy and my genuine smile when he came up with our names this am-precious Mother's Day gift!
2 comments:
this is so funny to me because i hear andy call you "RAIN" all the time!
cute. also funny to me because it's something that i feel like i told you about with lily and i remember you saying that you coudln't believe it would EVER happen with eli!!
pw
That's so cute. I can picture Eli with a big old smile on his face so brought of the new word he said. JG
Post a Comment