Dear Eli,
Every year I wait for this day. I can tell a few days before that it will bloom. I know the day that it does actually open up I will pull into the driveway after work with a bigger smile than the day before. I will drag you and your dad outside to do a photo shoot.
I vow to capture you year to year-in or around or under this tree. Maybe some year you will be standing with mom or dad or a friend, or a girlfriend or even your own child if we decide to stay in this house that long. I know each year you will be verging on turning one year older and your personality will be changing. You will be more capable, more creative, more YOU. This year you are almost 2.
And that is the most exciting part. It saddens me that little you is growing up so fast in to big you. But that is the way life goes right Bug? Promise me you'll sit under or in this tree for me for years and years with your beautiful smile.
Love Mama

4 comments:
OMG! First, that tree is amazing and if I had one I would do the exact same thing. Second, I can't believe how big-boy he looks, especially in that first pic of him sitting on the branch!! Third, love that shirt :)
That is so awesome!! It will be fun to look at the pictures from year to year to see how he has grown and the future kiddo! He look so proud to be sitting up on the branch! Love the pictures!
WOW! I would love to have that tree!
Cool pic of him in the tree!
Can't believe it was a week ago that you were on your way here. boo.
hahahaha!
He's such a big boy in that tree. Great pictures. So many more great memories to come. JG
Post a Comment