Andy and I aren't big gift givers on Mother's Day and Father's Day. We do believe in "doing" things for each other on those special days. For example, this Mother's day, I GOT to sleep in, take a nap, go to the zoo, pick dinner, go to a movie, get a back and foot massage and more. Today, I was lucky enough to get another Mother's Day present. And this one.....not from Andy but from a very important friend in my life. She is another mother who understands not just how difficult it is to be a mother, but the joys and deep connections that go along with it. This friend knows me. She knows most of my ins and outs-like what my favorite foods are, fears and anxieties, favorite past times, what I cherish and what is important to me. This friend is irreplaceable.
Today she stopped over out of the blue and gave me a late Mother's Day present. It was perfect. Special. Delicate. Emotional. Thoughtful. A splurge. Something I probably wouldn't have done for myself although have wanted to. It is something that means "forever" to me, which is just about perfect since the day my first son was born
was the new start of forever for me.
THANKS PW. Amazing.
2 comments:
That is really neat...is it a key chain? Where did she get that? What a special gift from a special friend!
i'm so happy you love it. i thought of you pretty much instantly when i knew the necklace had some extra tags. the leaf reminds me of a "family tree" and i just love the idea of having them with you always..
love you friend!
pw
Post a Comment