Friday, December 30, 2011

Santa

Santa is coming to our house tonight. He missed us last week because he was confused on all our travel. Plus he knew Mr. Eli was feeling under the weather on Christmas morning. 

So it's a big night in our house and I'm listening to Christmas music and wrapping presents with the Christmas tree lights on.  I know some people have already moved on to New Years resolutions and removing their decorations.  But working full time and traveling to other locations the last 2 weekends allows for us to stretch out the joy of the season.  And I'm ready to take full advantage.

I hope it is as magical as I dream it to be.  I've gotten lots of tips from others about taking it slow in the morning.  Putting things together and unwrapping deliberately.  Stop to have breakfast in the middle etc.  I want to teach Elijah how to give, not just get. And 2.5 years old is a hard stage to understand that.

I wonder if the baby feels the excitement.

Also of note-I have survived my first Christmas season completely gluten free.  And also to mention I made it through totally pregnant!  No tears were shed. So many loved ones helped me in so many ways.  Both households of family members worked hard not to cross contaminate, they put extra dip in a container for me so nobody would dip their crackers in, made my pancakes first, used gluten free bread, made gluten free Christmas cookies for me etc.  I think I ate more than I ever have and it's not over yet!  My 1 year gluten free anniversary is coming up...more to come on that.  I think many people who are close to me are able to see how much of a lifestyle change this has been for me and I thank them all for helping me cope in my many ways.
This wasn't my tray but look how beautiful and yummy:

So which one would you take first?

I know the holidays can be all about comfort foods and maybe even foods that are traditional or "every year" dream foods.  But this was the first time I made this salad. It was super yummy (to me at least!) and I will make it again. I wonder what others thought of it?  It was dairy, meat and gluten free.

Ok I can't stop there. I want to share just a few more.
Don't worry Aunt Sarah-I didn't let Syd have anything!

Soon to be Aunt Liz reading to the boys

(Hello Baby belly!)

More to come.................For now...  HO HO HO I wonder if Santa Claus will like gluten free cookies tonight?

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh! Great blog. Love it all so much and super memories. Hope your Christmas is wonderful.

Lynne said...

Oh my goodness! LOVE the family pic and the prego belly :) sounds like things are good!!

Jessica said...

Fantastic family picture. You are one of those people that just looks more beautiful pregnant. Glad to see such good memories from your Christmas.