Saturday, December 3, 2011

A first

Eli has never met Santa Claus, but today spur of the moment we ran into him.  We found out Santa would be at a store close to our house from 11-2 and the ad said "Bring your camera".  We were stoked.  We wouldn't have to pay 20$ for the one shot where your child looks scared, apprehensive or is blinking.

We got to the store a half hour early.  There was no line!  Eli was asking everyone where Santa was.  Finally the man in the big red suit arrived.  Eli put his hand on his knee and said "I want you to see the choo choo train".  (Which was running around one of the Christmas trees next to Santa's chair.  Super cute.  He didn't want to sit on his lap but told Santa he wanted race cars for Christmas and then played with the fake snow.




Pure Joy


What's in there? Can I touch everything?
Eli is really in the Christmas spirit. I love that we have a whole month of celebrating.  I copied my sisters idea of wrapping Christmas books and let him open his first one tonight.  Many are just "winter" books but since it hasn't snowed here yet-any books with snow are magical to Eli.  He also helped decorate the Christmas tree and bounced the whole night. Literally-bounced (see video to check how wound up he is about the Holidays-ps I laughed so hard when I watched it because I scrolled the camera up and down on our Christmas tree like it was ALL MAGICAL-to us it is, but to others it may not seem as magical).  He is enjoying eating 1 small piece of chocolate from an Advent calendar.  He loves to see al the Christmas lights and smiles so big when he sees a picture of a snowman or a reindeer.  This definitely sheds a new light on holidays for me.  I love being on this side (the mom instead of the child)!



Cutest ornament on our tree!


I love that Bailee is involved as well!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! love the baby ornament- super cute. and love how excited Eli is. your tree is gorgeous! good work Roeders:)

Barb said...

Very special in your house - the Christmas spirit has infected your whole family. YES, your tree is magical! Where did "Bailee's blue chair go?"

Unknown said...

Kids DEFINITELY bring the magic back to the holidays!
T

Sarah Wroblewski said...

He is just like his mama...all hoppy and happy. He does have your smile Raina - after seeing that picture on the fridge. He is such a great mix of the two of you. Can't wait to celebrate with him this year. And I demand he be in the center..not back behind the couch! haha!

Ross Family said...

Oh my gosh he is way to cute!!! Love the video of him running around. He looks like so much fun right now!! And the pictures with Santa...love love!!