Sunday, December 4, 2011

Just to fit in...

If anyone reads my mom or sister's blog-you'd know they posted pictures of their wrapped gifts for our annual Christmas name drawings. So...just to fit in-here is a shot from our house today.


I love that paper!
See that little triangle of blue-ish green material right at the bottom in the middle (I know it sort of blends in)? Yeah-that's my shirt-sticking in the picture because I can't even get my belly out of the way when I'm taking a picture!!!

I bought 3 rolls of wrapping paper this year so far and I love them! I will put bows on after I get to the location of the party because otherwise they always get smushed during travel and makes it really hard to stack them.


The nice thing about ordering from Amazon.com is that everything comes in a box. All different size boxes-which makes wrapping fun. You can throw people off by the size of the box. You could put 1 or 8 items in a box. So fun.

I grew up loving to wrap. One year after Thanksgiving I went to my Grandma's house and helped her put up her tree and helped her wrap. I don't know how old I was, but it was pure joy. One on one time with my favorite lady, wrapping and decorating. I'll never forget it. I hope it was as special for her as it was for me. I also have memories of donating my finger to my mom whenever she was wrapping. She is pretty much a master at wrapping too. I loved to be involved when she was at the dining room table wrapping. I know it gets torn off, but the ohh and ahh and bending over studying the packages under the tree makes it all worthwhile.


Here's another photo of a special package all wrapped up. Almost 30 weeks along here. Feeling huge. 10 weeks....to grow and grow.

Oh and I probably could get in big trouble for saying this...but I am ready for the first real snow fall.
Happy Sunday----avoiding those Monday blues tonight.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Who are those pretty gifts for? You forgot to say. Good for you staying positive this Sunday night!

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Girl, I wish you a nice dusting of snow. We got our first 3-4 inches that will stick around...I think. And it really helps with the holiday spirit. Makes everything beautiful outside. Sydney just laughs when she looks outside.

Okay, I hope you don' thave my name. haha! Only two packages! Just kidding.

I think that belly bump looks perfect. Just keep enjoying it. If you decide on being complete with two - then this is it. Relish it. And if you go for three...well you will be that much more busy and tired. So relish it. Plus, that little kicker in there is all yours right now.

I am crawling in bed and going to watch a little mindless tv before going to bed a wee bit earlier so I wake up happy girl.

Ross Family said...

Such a cute belly!! Looking very good! Can't wait to meet and see that little boy or girl!! Oh and I really like your wrapping paper!! I have leftover wrapping paper from probably 2 years ago and I think I might just throw it away and get some new stuff since I will actually try to wrap most of the presents before we travel!!!

Jessica said...

You are such a super cute prego. You look amazing. I know it's hard to believe when you are the one carrying the load but you look great.